JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags mediums , noreen renier , psychic detectives , psychics

Old 15th January 2014, 01:58 AM   #1
Sherlock
Muse

Noreen Renier: ESP Workshop in Phoenix Crowne Plaza, March 15th

Noreen Renier is apparently preparing to deceive the public once again with her <snip> "I found a lost airplane" charade. This time in Phoenix.

In addition to a public speaking session at the Unity Church of Tucson on Thursday March 13th, Noreen Renier will follow up on Friday with a 7pm-9pm talk priced at $10 per person at the Phoenix Crowne Plaza, and then end on Saturday, March 15th with a 'ESP Workshop' from 9am- 4pm with pricing per person at $120.

According to a marketing sheet her workshop will provide "exercises aimed at increasing your awareness with the following: Meditation, Energy, Right and Left Brain Specializations, Telepathy, Pendulum, and Psychometry."

And not surprisingly she plans on highlighting during her evening show on Friday her "extraordinary" story of "becoming a missing airplane to locate it's wreckage." Her Phoenix presentation about a crashed plane will mark 30 years of Renier repeating an entirely bogus sham about a Massachusetts plane crash and how she found the plane. She not only did not find the plane, but those who did have publicly called her a liar.

For anyone who wants insight into the actual story --- not the fantasized and delusional story Renier tells --- see http://www.commentarybysherlock.com/...unwaypart1.asp

Edited by Loss Leader:  Edited for Rule 12. Stick to the facts without name-calling.

Last edited by Loss Leader; 18th January 2014 at 07:53 AM.
Sherlock is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2014, 05:06 AM   #2
NJR
New Blood

Psychic to Lecture in Arizona

Dear Sherlock,

I wish to invite you and any of our skeptic friends to join us.

I will also be lecturing at the Cocoa Beach Library again in February, please know that everyone is welcome.

My two books A Mind for Murder and The Practical Psychic tell the truth.

I'm sorry that you are not a published author, I guess they don't publish lies.

Sincerely,

Noreen Renier, Psychic Detective
NJR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2014, 05:09 AM   #3
Resume
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by NJR View Post
Dear Sherlock,

I will also be lecturing at the Cocoa Beach Library again in February, please know that everyone is welcome.

Sincerely,

Why don't you apply for the Million Dollar Challenge?

Very Truly Yours,

Resume, Not Psychic Detective

ETA: And if you can't use the money, you could give it to charity, say the The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

Last edited by Resume; 16th January 2014 at 05:15 AM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2014, 05:12 AM   #4
Sideroxylon
Gavagai!

Dear Sherlock,

Sincerely,

Lies and delusion get published all the time evident by the fact that there's quite a market for books by people who claim to be psychics.
Old 16th January 2014, 09:08 AM   #5
foophil
Scholar

Well I guess that settles it then. All you have to do to be right is publish a book. Since that is so hard to do, every author out there must be correct. Noreen, what would happen if Sherlock were to publish a book saying you were wrong? Would the world implode then in a paradox?
foophil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2014, 10:14 AM   #6
Daylightstar
Illuminator

What a coincidence, I lost my airplane today and I just can't find it. Noreen, can you help me find my airplane for me?

Here's a quarter.
Old 16th January 2014, 10:18 AM   #7
Daylightstar
Illuminator

... they don't publish lies.
Hmm, could you show us which lies those are .... and most importantly .... can you show that they actually are lies?

Love and Light, Daylightstar

Last edited by Daylightstar; 16th January 2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: an o.
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2014, 10:23 AM   #8
Daylightstar
Illuminator

Whenever the words "psychic detective" appear in front of me, I read it as: Psycho Detected.
Old 16th January 2014, 10:32 AM   #9
Daylightstar
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
... 'ESP Workshop' from 9am- 4pm with pricing per person at $120. ...
So, basically a 'Feel Good' Workshop.
Feeling good for $120 surely can be achieved with more durable effects?

That 'ESP Workshop' for $120 truly ends at the door on the way out.
Old 16th January 2014, 10:43 AM   #10
Daylightstar
Illuminator

... I guess they don't publish lies. ...
Try hot reading, it takes the guesswork out of it
Old 16th January 2014, 11:30 AM   #11
Iamme
Philosopher

Did she ever take a crack at the disappearance of Amelia Earhart and her plane?
Did she watch too much Fantasy Island when she was young? De PLANE! De PLANE!
Old 16th January 2014, 11:46 AM   #12
George152
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Daylightstar View Post
So, basically a 'Feel Good' Workshop.
Feeling good for $120 surely can be achieved with more durable effects?

That 'ESP Workshop' for $120 truly ends at the door on the way out.
$120 buys a lot of good booze
Old 16th January 2014, 11:49 AM   #13
Daylightstar
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Iamme View Post
Did she ever take a crack at the disappearance of Amelia Earhart and her plane?
It wouldn't surprise me if she were to find her. That is, once Amelia (or her plane) would be found during the 'psychic's' lifetime, that the 'psychic' would produce fairly accurate diary entries or somesuch of her 'visions'.

And throw away all the other ones.

Last edited by Daylightstar; 16th January 2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: some little thingies added.
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2014, 11:51 AM   #14
Daylightstar
Illuminator

Originally Posted by George152 View Post
$120 buys a lot of good booze
And it lasts longer

If you're into that, of course.
Old 16th January 2014, 12:54 PM   #15
Sherlock
Muse

Noreen Renier: Delusional tales, outright deceptions

As I've previously commented, Ms. Renier repeatedly has filed more than 250 pages of legal filings and complaints against me, including citing lies and even fraud. And over the past two decades six out of six federal judges have tossed them all out, with each ruling in my favor. And five of those judges agreed on a judgment against her that Noreen Jean Renier as 'not credible' and having misled a federal court. As to a book? Ms. Renier is well aware that Dr. Gary Posner, M.D. (founder of the Tampa Bay Skeptics) and myself have been researching items for a book for several years. We believe our work will find a larger audience.
Sherlock is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2014, 01:54 PM   #16
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Dear Sherlock,

Sincerely,

Why invite, Shouldn't you already know what my response is going to be?

------------------------------------------------
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2014, 02:57 PM   #17
Daylightstar
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Why invite, Shouldn't you already know what my response is going to be?
She's not really inviting you, or any skeptic for that matter. She's just trying to create a false sense of confidence and false sense of righteousness.

Look at me, I am inviting the skeptics blah blah etc etc.
Old 16th January 2014, 03:24 PM   #18
paiute
Graduate Poster

I guess they don't publish lies.

Sincerely,

Right on, sister!

regards,

Dan Brown
http://www.scribd.com/doc/36568510/A...-of-Cadaverine
paiute is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2014, 05:44 PM   #19
wardenclyffe
Graduate Poster

Dear Sherlock,

Sincerely,

NJR,

I'm a bit short on funds right now. Any way to get a complimentary ticket?

Ward
Old 16th January 2014, 05:55 PM   #20
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by Daylightstar View Post
She's not really inviting you, or any skeptic for that matter. She's just trying to create a false sense of confidence and false sense of righteousness.

Look at me, I am inviting the skeptics blah blah etc etc.
She also isn't psychic.

------------------------------------------------
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2014, 02:44 AM   #21
Sherlock
Muse

Proof that Noreen Renier is not what she claims

Seven more items that Noreen Renier absolutely can’t answer with specifics:

1. You claim that you have been hired by hundreds of law enforcement agencies and your posted website rate for law enforcement agencies is $1000. Please then name just 20 city or county public police agencies across the United States who have directly paid your $1000 fee from funding by that agency for any of your paranormal services in the last 10 years. Twenty out of your “hundreds” should be easy. Unless you have been exaggerating or deceiving the public with your claims.

2. Your website claims you have worked with “state Law Enforcement Agencies in 38 states” --- so please name just 15 State Police agencies who have directly hired you and paid for your services over the past 40 years.

3. Your web site claims you had “scientific testing” at various colleges and universities. Yet none of the colleges or universities you name on your web site found you to have any paranormal abilities at all. And a faculty team at Southern Oregon State campus found your abilities actually below random chance. If this is not so, please provide the names of any college or university (not personnel) which performed “scientific testing” on you and found you have paranormal powers.

4. U.S. federal judge William E. Anderson ordered a judgment against you on March 21, 2011 and ruled that you were not a credible witness and had misled his court. You repeatedly appealed his judgment against you in ever higher courts and yet the next four federal judges also ruled against you and in my favor --- all agreeing with Judge Anderson’s judgment against you. If you are credible why have six out of six federal judges ruled against you --- and all in my favor --- just since 2006?

5. In 1989 the parents of Tiffany Sessions hired you to find their daughter. At that time you aroused the media and told reporter Jack Alexander that "I have very good vibes about this case . . . I know I can find the young lady.” Yet now 25 years later you never furnished any accurate or concise enough information to identify where Tiffany Sessions is. Nor have you returned the money the family paid for your services. What happened to Tiffany Sessions and where is she?

6. Several months ago you told JREF Forum members that you would provide a listing of colleges or universities where you are an “adjunct faculty member” and where you were previously given “teaching appointments” for teaching accredited courses. You have not yet provided even a single college or university where you taught an accredited course. Nor have you provided even a single accredited college or university which agrees that you are or ever have been an “adjunct faculty member”. So where are the colleges and universities where you are an “adjunct faculty member” and have taught an accredited course?

7. Why do all of the eye-witnesses to the airplane crash near Gardner Massachusetts indicate your claim of finding the crashed plane is both bogus and deceptive? Why do the actual persons who found the plane (and are supported by all of the local law enforcement agencies near the crash as having found the plane) also indicate you are lying about “finding” or in any way describing accurately anything about the crash, the crash site, or the location of any of the passengers? And why do you repeatedly claim your visions of survivors at the crash site are true when the medical examiner stated all of the passengers died instantly at the crash? And why do you repeatedly charge fees for speaking engagements where you claim to “have found the plane” when none of the victims were alive and acted at the crash site as you describe in a truly delusional tale of your own making?

Last edited by Sherlock; 17th January 2014 at 02:56 AM.
Old 17th January 2014, 03:12 AM   #22
Daylightstar
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
She also isn't psychic.
Of course not.
Perhaps she expects by registering and posting here that it will stop any comments here about her upcoming events.
Old 17th January 2014, 03:15 AM   #23
Daylightstar
Illuminator

6. Several months ago you told JREF Forum members ...
Where and how, please?
Old 17th January 2014, 04:15 AM   #24
Sherlock
Muse

Her comments / claims can be found in the thread beginning in September 2013 titled 'Cocoa Beach Library books 'courageous' psychic detective'. And Ms. Renier has not yet updated her web site to correct any of the academic or testing institutions which have been shown as inaccurate.
Old 17th January 2014, 07:40 AM   #25
mstricky
Master Poster

I feel sure that Ms Renier has appeared on the documentaries 'Psychic Detectives'. She has helped the police solve several crimes
mstricky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2014, 07:46 AM   #26
Resume
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mstricky View Post
I feel sure that Ms Renier has appeared on the documentaries 'Psychic Detectives'. She has helped the police solve several crimes
You sure that's the correct word?
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2014, 08:18 AM   #27
mstricky
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
You sure that's the correct word?
Yep
mstricky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2014, 08:25 AM   #28
Sideroxylon
Gavagai!

Can give a couple of examples of crimes that she helped solve?
Old 17th January 2014, 08:42 AM   #29
mstricky
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Can give a couple of examples of crimes that she helped solve?
I watch crime most of the time but I can't remember individual names of the victims. The police have been impressed with her even though they were skeptics beforehand

Last edited by mstricky; 17th January 2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 17th January 2014, 09:03 AM   #30
Daylightstar
Illuminator

Her comments / claims can be found in the thread beginning in September 2013 titled 'Cocoa Beach Library books 'courageous' psychic detective'. And Ms. Renier has not yet updated her web site to correct any of the academic or testing institutions which have been shown as inaccurate.
Ah yes, thanks. I only noticed now her joining in December 2011.
Old 17th January 2014, 09:27 AM   #31
s4zando
Muse

I watch crime most of the time but I can't remember individual names of the victims. The police have been impressed with her even though they were skeptics beforehand
Let me help jog your memory with a quote from her site:

Quote:
On Jun 12, 2012, at 12:45 PM, Lacher, Ron wrote:

"I just wanted to thank you again for all of your help regarding the disappearance of Brandy Hanna. Although itís been seven years since Brandy went missing, I truly believe we will find her. The case has been cold for so long and now, with your help, I finally have some answers. Without your help I would never have been able to find her shoe. Itís hard to imagine that after seven years the shoe was found in the exact area in which you described. Thank you again for all of your help. You have truly been wonderful and have done myself and Brandyís family a great service. I look forward to working with you again. Take care and stay safe."

Detective Lacher
North Charleston Police Department
Could you expand on this comment? Do you know specifically what she provided that led to the discovery of the shoe?
s4zando is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2014, 09:51 AM   #32
mstricky
Master Poster

Psychic Detective progs have only been on TV for a couple of weeks and its not always Noreen. I'm watching one at the mo and I've already forgotten the psychic's name except her forename is Mary. In future when Noreen is on I will write down the details

They just said her name and its Mary Downy

Last edited by mstricky; 17th January 2014 at 09:59 AM.
Old 17th January 2014, 10:19 AM   #33
Sherlock
Muse

Noreen Renier: Murky visions time and time again

Like the parents of Tiffany Sessions, the parents of Brandy join many others parents who paid typical $1000 fees to Ms. Renier for a few minutes on the telephone to hear her "psychic visions". Yet none of those parents yet knows where their children are today because of "psychic visions" or paranormal foresight from Noreen Renier.

And Ms. Renier was extensively paid by the producers of the sensationalized and inaccurate TV series Psychic Detectives --- a series where the production company behind the series failed to respond or ever answer a federal court subpoena to provide their payment records to Noreen Renier. Apparently they did not want copies of their checks to Noreen Renier released.

But because a federal court granted additional subpoenas to multiple banks of Noreen Renier it was discovered that a long string of checks (typically $2500- $6000 each) from multiple TV producers were written to Noreen Renier --- checks totaling well beyond $30,000. (See http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinqu...kruptcies.html )

As to the parents who also paid typical $1000 fees to Ms. Renier? None of these parents has ever located their children based on Noreen Renier's apparent murky story-telling. So you can understand why Ms. Renier isn't answering the 7 questions I've posed to her here.

For more info on Noreen Renier's track record at locating lost and missing persons see http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinqu...20student.html

Last edited by Sherlock; 17th January 2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old 17th January 2014, 10:57 AM   #34
mstricky
Master Poster

Like the parents of Tiffany Sessions, the parents of Brandy join many others parents who paid typical $1000 fees to Ms. Renier for a few minutes on the telephone to hear her "psychic visions". And Ms. Renier was paid from the producers of the sensationalized and inaccurate TV series Psychic Detectives --- a series where the production company behind the series failed to answer a federal court subpoena to provide payment records to Noreen Renier.

It took additional subpoenas to multiple banks to discover a long string of checks payments from multiple TV producers to Noreen Renier --- checks totaling well beyond $30,000. (See http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinqu...kruptcies.html )

As to the parents who also paid typical $1000 fees to Ms. Renier? None of these parents has ever located their children based on Noreen Renier's apparent murky story-telling. So you can understand why Ms. Renier isn't answering the 7 questions I've posed to her here.

For more info on Noreen Renier's track record at locating lost and missing persons see http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinqu...20student.html
Wow I'll not watch the prog ever again!
Old 18th January 2014, 12:33 PM   #35
Sherlock
Muse

Noreen Renier, TV psychic, responds on JREF forum

For those of you who haven't noticed, TV "super psychic", medium, missing person and crime forensic detective, and "Investigator for the FBI" (quotes are her claims), has once again joined in on a JREF forum thread. See the discussion which began January 15th titled Noreen Renier: ESP Workshop in Phoenix Crowne Plaza, March 15th

She typically weaves in and out of discussions over a week or two. Anyone have any additional questions for her?

(Let's keep them on the other thread)

Last edited by Sherlock; 18th January 2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 18th January 2014, 06:20 PM   #36
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
I guess they don't publish lies.
Of course not.

I'm sure your books are just as truthful as:

"A Million Little Pieces"
"Love and Consequences"
"The Third Eye"
"Angel at the Fence"
"A Memoire of the Holocaust Years"
"The Amityville Horror"
"Sybil"
"Michelle Remembers"
"The Protocols of the Elders of Zion"
"Forbidden Love"
and so on.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2014, 12:35 PM   #37
Sherlock
Muse

I stand corrected. My seven items above which I stated several days ago "Noreen Renier absolutely can’t answer with specifics" are apparently instead questions she can't answer at all. I suspect she has now hit her lowest point --- which is saying something ---in credibility.
Old 21st January 2014, 05:04 AM   #38
mutile
Muse

She sounds like a really disgusting person.
mutile is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2014, 10:30 AM   #39
mstricky
Master Poster

I stand corrected. My seven items above which I stated several days ago "Noreen Renier absolutely canít answer with specifics" are apparently instead questions she can't answer at all. I suspect she has now hit her lowest point --- which is saying something ---in credibility.
She didn't foresee that
Old 21st January 2014, 05:48 PM   #40
steve s
Illuminator

I feel sure that Ms Renier has appeared on the documentaries 'Psychic Detectives'.

I'm watching one at the mo and I've already forgotten the psychic's name ....
So which is it? You're quite sure, or you can't remember?

Steve S

JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal