JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags airplane incidents , government conspiracies , Malaysia incidents

Old 9th March 2014, 10:28 AM   #81
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
There has NEVER been a fake disaster or crash of the sort you're so fond of fantasizing about.
Each case is of course unique, so what you say here is basically a tautology. How am I supposed to argue with that?

Last edited by Anders Lindman; 9th March 2014 at 10:29 AM.
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 10:36 AM   #82
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
The lack thereof you mean. It may seem like sadomasochism to post a thread like this, but it's actually just that I find the incident very suspicious.
Trouble is people like you find the scent of sulfur suspicious while standing next to someone who lit a match.

Literally anything is suspicious to the unintelligent, drooling idiots who subscribe to and invent these theories.

It's only a mystery because we don't know. And we only don't know because we're not done looking.

-Henry David Thoreau
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 10:49 AM   #83
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

One wonders if; hypothetically, Anders family and friends were killed in some high profile event, he would be ok with us claiming that they never existed in the first place, and accused him of being a gov't paid crisis actor? Would he be ok with CTs calling him up and harassing him?

As usual, he doesn't understand the relevant sciences, can't Google for the right thing, and appears to rely on the notion that a word salad liberally sprinkled with Google Croutons will make his argument seem coherent. -JayUtah
TheRedWorm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 10:49 AM   #84
sts60
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
When you need attention just say something unfounded and the adults here will correct you..........
Irrelevant. He's not interested in any corrections, because that would mean he might accidentally learn something. That's not why he's here.

AL is a demonstrated liar and confirmed troll who, like a monkey flinging waste from the safety of its cage, will say any idiotic and deliberately offensive thing for the sole purpose of getting the grown-ups to pay attention to him. Don't indulge the liar; don't feed the troll.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 10:54 AM   #85
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Trouble is people like you find the scent of sulfur suspicious while standing next to someone who lit a match.

Literally anything is suspicious to the unintelligent, drooling idiots who subscribe to and invent these theories.

It's only a mystery because we don't know. And we only don't know because we're not done looking.
Is it, as mainstream media says, that the 'mystery deepens' about the incident, or is it more signs of fakery? The jury is out, for a walk.
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 11:06 AM   #86
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

That did it. I routinely clear my ignore list from time to time. After all, on occasion someone comes round and starts to make sense. Anders is usually one of the first to make it back. I think I can safely make it permanent this time. I can take idiocy, but tastelesness as a disaster seems to unfold is just too much for my stomack.

Hans
Old 9th March 2014, 11:21 AM   #87
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Media is suspiciously silent about the 3 alleged American victims. Here is one of the few reports so far:

"The name of Philip Wood, 50, is among 239 people identified on a passenger manifest provided by the airline. Two others with American passports are listed as Nicole Meng, 4, and Yan Zhang, age 2.

Wood’s ex-wife confirmed the family’s fears in a Facebook post on Saturday afternoon." -- http://news.yahoo.com/american-fathe...205115030.html

Confirmed by a Facebook post?

Here is another one:

"Philip Wood's confirmed LinkedIn page lists him as a Technical Storage Executive at IBM Malaysia." -- http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pb...AP01/303099974

Confirmed by a LinkedIn page?
Old 9th March 2014, 11:22 AM   #88
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Is it, as mainstream media says, that the 'mystery deepens' about the incident, or is it more signs of fakery? The jury is out, for a walk.
Jury's not out for you though, is it? Nope. You know already who did it. I can't tell with you - is it teh jooze? Illumniati?

240 people dead? Who cares - so long as you get your time in the sun. Such a sad pathetic little creature.

-Henry David Thoreau
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 11:29 AM   #89
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
You know already who did it.
Not the Vatican directly it seems, since the Jesuit(?) shills at the Cluesforum haven't posted anything about the incident yet as far as I can tell.
Old 9th March 2014, 11:29 AM   #90
JoeBentley
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Each case is of course unique, so what you say here is basically a tautology. How am I supposed to argue with that?
You're not supposed to argue with it, you're supposed to learn from and realize how offensive on both a moral and intellectual level your unbridled glee at the death of people is.
JoeBentley is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 11:30 AM   #91
Craig4
Philosopher

The lack thereof you mean. It may seem like sadomasochism to post a thread like this, but it's actually just that I find the incident very suspicious.
So, it's not as if your suspicions have value. Tell, if you are satisfied who is helped? If you're not who is hurt?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 11:36 AM   #92
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeBentley View Post
You're not supposed to argue with it, you're supposed to learn from and realize how offensive on both a moral and intellectual level your unbridled glee at the death of people is.
It may be politically correct to swallow all media stories hook, line and sinker. It's not rational however.

Last edited by Anders Lindman; 9th March 2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 9th March 2014, 11:49 AM   #93
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
So, it's not as if your suspicions have value. Tell, if you are satisfied who is helped? If you're not who is hurt?
We need to look at the incident rationally. I will wait with letting my heart go out to anybody hurt by the incident until I can confirm that it actually was a real event. At the moment indications point to the incident being a huge hoax.
Old 9th March 2014, 11:51 AM   #94
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

It may be politically correct to swallow all media stories hook, line and sinker. It's not rational however.
Only one response to Anders "It's not rational,however"

THis thread does furnish absolute proof,hownever, that Anders is not even a sincere conspiracy loon but a troll,pure and simple.

Last edited by dudalb; 9th March 2014 at 11:53 AM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 12:07 PM   #95
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Hey! Could the incident be a New World Order move? The 9/11 attacks were focused on the U.S. and to some extent the rest of the western world. This Asian PsyOp seems global in scope.

So, what, then, is the purpose of the event? To make the whole world's media and politicians etc compromised! Because no authority anywhere in the world basically will dare to tell the truth. So the public powers, experts and authorities all over the world will be forced to do a coverup.

So now the shadow powers can tell the whole global public power structure: Implement our New World Order agenda, or else we will expose your lies to eagerly awaiting angry masses.
Old 9th March 2014, 12:08 PM   #96
Craig4
Philosopher

We need to look at the incident rationally. I will wait with letting my heart go out to anybody hurt by the incident until I can confirm that it actually was a real event. At the moment indications point to the incident being a huge hoax.
So what you're saying it doesn't matter one way or the other if you're satisfied or not. Got it.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 12:13 PM   #97
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

So what you're saying it doesn't matter one way or the other if you're satisfied or not. Got it.
I'm not infallible, like the Pope. Only if I'm satisfied for the correct reasons does it have rational bearing.
Old 9th March 2014, 12:15 PM   #98
AJM8125
NWO Black Ops
Tagger

At the moment indications point to the incident being a huge hoax.
Pot, kettle.

I'm out.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 12:29 PM   #99
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

"Security and aviation experts continued to offer starkly disparate theories about what happened to the missing plane, a measure both of how unusual it was for it to disappear from radar without any distress call as well as of how little information the Malaysian authorities have released." -- http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/10/wo...t.html?hp&_r=0
Old 9th March 2014, 12:32 PM   #100
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

THis thread is in such bad taste, and ANders blind specutlation before we have any facts about it so outrageous that I doing what I probably should have done a long time ago:

Welcome to Ignore, Anders.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 12:34 PM   #101
Craig4
Philosopher

I'm not infallible, like the Pope. Only if I'm satisfied for the correct reasons does it have rational bearing.
My point is that if you're satisfied no one cares and if you're unsatisfied no one cares.
Old 9th March 2014, 12:38 PM   #102
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

My point is that if you're satisfied no one cares and if you're unsatisfied no one cares.
That's what I wrote: Only if I'm satisfied for the correct reasons does it have rational bearing. So we agree to agree on that.
Old 9th March 2014, 01:12 PM   #103
ApolloGnomon
Aluminum Tripod

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
That did it. I routinely clear my ignore list from time to time. After all, on occasion someone comes round and starts to make sense. Anders is usually one of the first to make it back. I think I can safely make it permanent this time. I can take idiocy, but tastelesness as a disaster seems to unfold is just too much for my stomack.

Hans
I'm philosophically opposed to Ignoring users rather than simply ignoring them, and have only put two names on the list. I scrubbed my list when dr sox died and lo and behold, anders reappeared. It may be time to fix that.

"I'm ignoring the rest of your foaming rant. "
JayUtah
ApolloGnomon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 01:20 PM   #104
shemp
Pith Generator

Looks like someone is trying to take away John Edward's "Biggest Douche in the Universe" award.
3. Congress: Choose senators and representatives randomly from the voter lists.
4. Abolish presidential races. Congress will choose the President from among themselves.
5. FREE PILLORY!!!

Last edited by shemp; 9th March 2014 at 01:22 PM.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 01:21 PM   #105
Black Hole Box
Cosmoillogical

I am surprised you are still able to garner serious responses. Most here in the CT forum know you post ironically, yet many still reply as though they think you are serious. Still, fun for the lurkers.
Black Hole Box is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 01:26 PM   #106
smartcooky
Master Poster

It had to happen; some buffoon screaming "hoax" when an airliner crashes

For some people, the whole world must be one big hoax.

Anders, Air Traffic Control is a lot more complicatd that you might think and certainly much more complicated than how it is depicted in the movies. Aircraft in flight are not always covered by radar because control zones (properly called Controlled Traffic Regions or CTRs) don't necessarily overlap. An airliner somewhere out in the middle of the Atlantic might not be in anyone's CTR, therefore not on any kind of ATC radar, and even in the unlikely event that they were on someone else's radar (say, a ship at sea), they would not have the flight's IFF codes programmed in, so they could appear on that radar along with a dozen other blips and no-one would realise who they are.

South Asia is quite a busy airspace. Once an aircraft has left the their departure CTR, no-one will be "controlling them" and they would simply be expected to arrive at their next CTR probably a way-point or their destination. It is not inconceivable that the civilian ATC would not detect an airliner turning around (out of radar range) and the military ATC will be busy controlling their own aircraft, and while their radar equipment might detect such a turn, they may not even notice unless someone specifically asks them to go back over the record and have a look.
OCCAMS Razor - 9/11 was a terrorist attack by Islamic extremists organised by Osama Bin Laden; the Apollo astronauts walked on the Moon; JFK was assassinated by a single gunmen, Lee Harvey Oswald, acting alone.
► "Conspiracism is a shortcut to the illusion of erudition." - JayUtah
► Heisenberg's Law - The weirdness of the Universe is inversely proportional to the scale at which you observe it, or not.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 01:30 PM   #107
Fast Eddie B
Graduate Poster

I honestly cannot remember why this dude ended up on my "ignore" list.

From the snippets I see here, it was a wise decision and my life is better for it.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 01:33 PM   #108
Hans
Illuminator

Hey! Could the incident be a New World Order move? The 9/11 attacks were focused on the U.S. and to some extent the rest of the western world. This Asian PsyOp seems global in scope.

So, what, then, is the purpose of the event? To make the whole world's media and politicians etc compromised! Because no authority anywhere in the world basically will dare to tell the truth. So the public powers, experts and authorities all over the world will be forced to do a coverup.

So now the shadow powers can tell the whole global public power structure: Implement our New World Order agenda, or else we will expose your lies to eagerly awaiting angry masses.

Now, that is some serious trolling...lol

Could you come up with something original like a plane suffered a technical failure and crashed?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 01:46 PM   #109
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Now, that is some serious trolling...lol

Could you come up with something original like a plane suffered a technical failure and crashed?

He could, but his Smurf Cabal handlers would use their sooper seekrit Vatican mind control technology to prevent him posting anything about it, because it would interfere with his mission of making conspiracy theorists look ridiculous.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky

Last edited by Mojo; 9th March 2014 at 01:48 PM. Reason: I had forgotten to mention the Vatican.
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 02:09 PM   #110
John Jones
Suspended

So the supposed plane is supposed to have turned around and then disintegrated in mid air. Is anyone really buying that story?
Shame. On. You.
John Jones is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 02:19 PM   #111
Reactor drone
Muse

This popped up on my facebook this morning. Apparently the crash was to kill off the electric car.

http://beforeitsnews.com/events/2014...d-2432738.html

Reactor drone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 02:24 PM   #112
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
... even in the unlikely event that they were on someone else's radar (say, a ship at sea), they would not have the flight's IFF codes programmed in, so they could appear on that radar along with a dozen other blips and no-one would realise who they are.
According to military radar, the plane turned back. Are you questioning that report? Also, do you believe the plane disintegrated in mid air before or after the supposed U-turn?
Old 9th March 2014, 03:18 PM   #113
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
It never takes long for them to come out of the woodwork.
Rats and Roaches???

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 03:21 PM   #114
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Oh but you see he knows because his Andervisionator allows him to see that which mere mortals cannot...like no real humans were involved

It's truly amazing

Anders why not question the existence of Malaysia too.....lol
Yes, it a trick name meaning Bad Asia!!!!!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 03:31 PM   #115
smartcooky
Master Poster

According to military radar, the plane turned back. Are you questioning that report? Also, do you believe the plane disintegrated in mid air before or after the supposed U-turn?
Not necessarily. I don;t think there is anything untoward in the military ATC saying that the plane turned back and the civilian ATC not knowing this.

There is also nothing unusual in a plane turning back when it was in trouble. I have been on a flight that did exactly that (an Ansett ASA flight from Adelaide to Perth) back in the 1980's.
OCCAMS Razor - 9/11 was a terrorist attack by Islamic extremists organised by Osama Bin Laden; the Apollo astronauts walked on the Moon; JFK was assassinated by a single gunmen, Lee Harvey Oswald, acting alone.
► "Conspiracism is a shortcut to the illusion of erudition." - JayUtah
► Heisenberg's Law - The weirdness of the Universe is inversely proportional to the scale at which you observe it, or not.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 04:54 PM   #116
Rolfe
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

It is an unfathomable mystery to me why you lot don't just ignore this trash and let the thread sink to the bottom, encumbered by nothing more than the OP.

Rolfe.
Old 9th March 2014, 06:02 PM   #117
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Rolfe View Post
It is an unfathomable mystery to me why you lot don't just ignore this trash and let the thread sink to the bottom, encumbered by nothing more than the OP.

Rolfe.
+1.

Always been the problem at JREF; everyone always feeds the trolls.
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 06:17 PM   #118
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

"(CNN) -- Nothing gets conspiracy theorists going more than a passenger plane crashing under mysterious circumstances.

In the absence of hard information to explain such disasters, people look for answers, and the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 early Saturday could prompt the same response." -- http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/09/op...html?hpt=hp_c2
Old 9th March 2014, 08:56 PM   #119
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

The stolen passports seem real, yet the incident itself smacks of a hoax, as a media diversion from the Ukraine situation.

"Malaysia Airlines flight MH 370

... After the airline released a manifest of the 239 people on the plane, Austria denied that one of its citizens was on the flight as the list had stated. The Austrian citizen was safe and sound, and his passport had been stolen two years ago, Austrian Foreign Ministry spokesman Martin Weiss said.

Similarly, Italy's foreign ministry confirmed that no Italians were on the flight, even though an Italian was listed on the manifest. Malaysian officials said they were aware of reports that the Italian's passport was also stolen but had not confirmed it." -- http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/08/wo...html?hpt=hp_t1

"(Reuters) - Radar tracking a missing Malaysia Airlines flight indicated that it may have turned back from its scheduled route to Beijing before disappearing" -- http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0M605320140309

Only now they found out that the airliner had turned back? Surely those who tracked the plane's flight path live would have noticed that.
I agree 100%

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 02:32 AM   #120
Belz...
Suspended

Notice the numerous so-called 'mysteries' popping up in the news reporting. Those are deliberately planted as smokescreens and media attention baits, such as:
So you find it surprising that details of some events are unknown ?

Wow, shocking.
Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories