JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » JREF Topics » The Amaz!ng Meeting! and other Skeptical Events
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags marriage , jillette , penn , skeptic , congrats

Old 25th November 2004, 06:45 PM   #1
Kiless

Congrats to skeptic Penn Jillette on his marriage!

http://www.vivalasvegasweddings.com/...gs_nov2004.htm - it's at the bottom under P.Jillette!
Kiless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2004, 06:58 PM   #2
UnrepentantSinner
A post by Alan Smithee

I'm afraid to download the details (pop up warning) - care to share?
UnrepentantSinner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2004, 07:17 PM   #3
Kiless

Oh! I'm sorry:
It's the wedding of Penn Jillette and his bride Emily. Quite casual, very sweet, he pops his hands in his pockets a couple of times, she looks radiant. Around the 6.45 mark of the 7 minute ceremony, they turn to the webcamera and do lots of goofy waving at the crowd and then join hands and skip off merrily. It's very cute!
Kiless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2004, 07:38 PM   #4
kittynh
The Hupsu Detective

auctioneer

Location: If I told the aliens could find me, and you know they read this forum
Good news all around!!!!

Old 25th November 2004, 11:18 PM   #5
UnrepentantSinner
A post by Alan Smithee

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiless
It's the wedding of Penn Jillette and his bride Emily.
Ah. Very interesting.
UnrepentantSinner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2004, 11:43 PM   #6
Kiless

Quote:
Originally posted by UnrepentantSinner
Ah. Very interesting.
I thought my title of the post said it all? Did you think it was something else?
Old 26th November 2004, 07:02 AM   #7
UnrepentantSinner
A post by Alan Smithee

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiless
I thought my title of the post said it all? Did you think it was something else?
Sorry for being so obtuse in my comment. I'd always thought Penn was another George Cloony who stated that the only Mrs. Cloony was his mother. The thougt of him finally taking the marital plunge just seemed unthinkable to me.
Old 26th November 2004, 07:47 AM   #8
kittynh
The Hupsu Detective

auctioneer

I think marrying Penn would be like marrying a very active Lab puppy. Pandora comes to mind! I hope she has a LOT of energy!! But he's a great guy, and I'm sure they will be very happy!
Old 26th November 2004, 05:36 PM   #9
Kiless

Quote:
Originally posted by UnrepentantSinner
Sorry for being so obtuse in my comment.
No worries!
Old 27th November 2004, 01:18 AM   #10
tim
Lasiorhinus latifrons
Combat Division

Quote:
Originally posted by kittynh
I think marrying Penn would be like marrying a very active Lab puppy. Pandora comes to mind! I hope she has a LOT of energy!! But he's a great guy, and I'm sure they will be very happy!
I think you may be right.......I do hope he doesn't chew her shoes though!
tim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2004, 08:27 PM   #11
kittynh
The Hupsu Detective

auctioneer

So today my fundie friend wanted to know if this marriage was just a "cover" or had Penn been "saved" from being gay....

I was like, "huh?" and he explained that EVERYONE knew he and the "little guy" were a couple...

right.

Once again the fundies never stop amazing me with their view of the world.
Old 27th November 2004, 08:48 PM   #12
MLynn
Whippet of Peace

Quote:
So today my fundie friend wanted to know if this marriage was just a "cover" or had Penn been "saved" from being gay....

I was like, "huh?" and he explained that EVERYONE knew he and the "little guy" were a couple...

right.

Had this particular friend of yours been sucking on lead or something? What would a "fundie" know about Penn & Teller?
MLynn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2004, 08:52 AM   #13
exarch
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

Quote:

right.

Penn? Gay?
You should tell Moe, she'd laugh herself into a stupor.

This is the same Penn who patented a special whirlpool jet, remember?

Naturalhealth: Helios are one of the largest homeopathic pharmacies in England. They have their reputation to consider, so it is just not worth their while doing anything that would destroy that. Rest assured, all their remedies are exactly what they say they are. There are also ways of testing the remedies too, so that you could distinguish them from just pure tap water.
QAman: How can this be done? I presume you mean testing of the lower dilution remedies?
Naturalhealth: No. This can be done for all remedies.

Luciana is perhaps one of the sweetest people I've ever met. I will stand behind her till I drop dead. If you want to **** with her, you better understand you have to go through me first -- MoeFaux
exarch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2004, 09:00 AM   #14
Lisa Simpson
Evil Minion
Administrator

Quote:
I wonder if that is just a common idea when any two men work together publicly like that for a long time. I have a brother-in-law who insisted that Siskel and Ebert were a couple.

Facts are satanic litter on the heavenly highway to blind faith! - Betty Bowers
Lisa Simpson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2004, 09:47 AM   #15
exarch

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa Simpson
I wonder if that is just a common idea when any two men work together publicly like that for a long time. I have a brother-in-law who insisted that Siskel and Ebert were a couple.
I knew it, Bush and Cheney ARE a couple. Well, untill they had a lovers quarrel and Bush hooked up with some other guy

Naturalhealth: Helios are one of the largest homeopathic pharmacies in England. They have their reputation to consider, so it is just not worth their while doing anything that would destroy that. Rest assured, all their remedies are exactly what they say they are. There are also ways of testing the remedies too, so that you could distinguish them from just pure tap water.
QAman: How can this be done? I presume you mean testing of the lower dilution remedies?

Luciana is perhaps one of the sweetest people I've ever met. I will stand behind her till I drop dead. If you want to **** with her, you better understand you have to go through me first -- MoeFaux
exarch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2004, 05:35 PM   #16
kittynh
The Hupsu Detective

auctioneer

He heard about it when his church did a video about how gays were taking over the entertainment industry. Penn has NAIL POLISH on a finger, and earrings and long hair. So, of course he is gay gay gay gay gay.

I just stand there when I hear this stuff with my mouth open. Oh and Brittney was almost brought over to the dark side of bisexuality by the Madonna (who belongs to a Jewish cult). Which could be true...but then again, is that all bad? I mean the music is bad, but the lifestyle judgement is really bad.
Old 28th November 2004, 06:45 PM   #17
Quinn
Breathtakingly blasphemous.

Has the guy been watching too much "King of the Hill?"

"Nothing's more important to magicians than keeping secrets. Probably because so many of them are gay." -- Peggy Hill
It's not a matter of living life without mystery or wonder. It's a matter of living life without the approval of people who ignorantly assume that by rejecting the irrational, I experience no mystery or wonder. And frankly, I do just fine without that.
Quinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2004, 04:21 AM   #18
exarch

Quote:
Originally posted by Quinn
Has the guy been watching too much "King of the Hill?"

"Nothing's more important to magicians than keeping secrets. Probably because so many of them are gay." -- Peggy Hill
Sure they are. I mean, take Randi for example. Have you ever seen him with a girlfriend?

Old 29th November 2004, 07:00 AM   #19
kittynh
The Hupsu Detective

auctioneer

hey, Mr.Randi is kind of a flirt...

Well, VERY much a flirt.

Also, I'll just say two words

SOPHIA LOREN

(nuff said)
Old 29th November 2004, 07:30 AM   #20
exarch

Quote:
SOPHIA LOREN
I stand corrected ...

Old 29th November 2004, 11:11 AM   #21
tim
Lasiorhinus latifrons
Combat Division

[quote]Originally posted by kittynh
[b]hey, Mr.Randi is kind of a flirt...

SOPHIA LOREN

Hubbard's Law: Don't take life too seriously; you won't get out of it alive.
tim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » JREF Topics » The Amaz!ng Meeting! and other Skeptical Events