JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » JREF Topics » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags mdc , mark joramo , challenge application , rejected , telekinesis

Old 8th December 2004, 12:17 PM   #1
KRAMER
Former challenge facilitator

MARK JORAMO, Triple Applicant

This latest claim just arrived this morning, from an applicant whose name I instantly recognized. This is his third application...

==============================================

My proof of the paranormal is TK (telekenisis). Awkward sprites move an object when asked not to for a total of 'n' moves. (we count number of tilts on an apparatus, resetting each time, until a pause of a second takes place).

Steadfast souls respond by moving the object N+1 times with my stimulation.

I predict the object will tilt N/N+1, N/N+1...enought imes in 10-40 tilt-reset sessions so as to evidence the paranormal.

I live near La Jolla. Do I go this week or next? I've been working on this project since 1994.

Mark Joramo

==============================================

Since 1994. What a waste of a life.

Based upon his previous two applications, I'd surmise that this applicant's mental health has deteriorated significantly since his last submissions.

I've sent him a request for more data on his protocol proposal.
His claim will be accepted regardless of the "awkward sprites" (spirits?) or "steadfast souls" hogwash, as the JREF cares not for HOW something works. We care only that it DOES.

What remains to be seen if whether or not an acceptable test protocol can be agreed upon by both parties. I doubt it.
Old 14th December 2004, 09:46 AM   #2
KRAMER
Former challenge facilitator

Psychotic?

I just received a call from Mark Joramo, in which he ranted to me (for as long as I could bear) about his penis, a man sitting next to him with a broken collarbone protruding from his back, the "matter of life and death" which demands that he be tested "within 7 days", his proximity to the La Jolla Skeptics Group and the ride he has secured to ferry him there, and a whole lot more that I'm sure only he himself can make sense of.

This was the most insane phonecall I've yet received during my tenure here at The JREF.

I am now writing him to officially reject his claim on the grounds that he is stark raving mad, though I will somehow find a way to put it more gently than I just have here in the forum.

Thank god it's Tuesday.

CASE CLOSED.

JREF Forum » JREF Topics » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications