JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 10th October 2005, 09:54 AM   #1
SGT
Critical Thinker

Grinberg-Zylberbaum experiment

In another forum a believer has cited the Grinberg-Zylberbaum experiment, whose purpose was to determine whether visual evoked potentials generated in one human brain by photostimulation could generate a correlated EEG signal in the brain of another human subject who is located at a distance and who is not visually stimulated.
- http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00029978
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q..._uids=14640097
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q..._uids=15165411
- http://www.bastyr.edu/admissions/upd...001.asp?jump=3
Googling only provided confirmation of the studies. Can any of you provide convincing contrary arguments?

Heaven, n. A place where the wicked cease from troubling you with talk of their personal affairs, and the good listen with attention while you expound on your own.
A. Bierce
SGT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2005, 10:15 AM   #2
Bodhi Dharma Zen
Advaitin

Wow.

Now, this is a difficult one for me, because I was personally involved. Yes, I worked at the lab with him. I have been doing other things in the past 11 years, and it still amazes me when I see the experiment is still being replicated. We did it back at the beginning of the 90s.

As for the results, my personal opinion is that they were not conclusive. I have to state, again, that this is my personal opinion, which might be very different from the others implicated in the experiment.

Oh, and just the first link works.
Old 3rd June 2010, 04:31 AM   #3
Speldosa
New Blood

Sorry for bumping this really old thread, but does anybody have this article and would be able to send it to me? I've been searching high and low for it. Even the staff at the University Library of my school can't seem to get hold of it.
Speldosa is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2010, 10:05 AM   #4
Bodhi Dharma Zen
Advaitin

I don't believe it is online, but you can find it here:

Grinberg-Zulberbaum J, Delaflor J, Attie L, Goswami L. The Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen paradox in the brain: The transferred potential. Physics Essays 1994, 7(4), 422-428.

What do you want to know?

Last edited by Bodhi Dharma Zen; 14th July 2010 at 10:09 AM.
Bodhi Dharma Zen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2010, 05:27 AM   #5
Speldosa
New Blood

Thank you for your reply. I've finally managed to get hold off it by ordering it fro a library above the polar circle in Norway
Speldosa is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2010, 06:41 AM   #6
Var1able
New Blood

From what I read the occurance of a positive result was roughly 1 in 4, which is nothing new.
Var1able is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal