IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags part 2 , loose change , 911 conspiracy theory

Closed Thread
Old 17th June 2006, 04:26 PM   #3161
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by steve s View Post
They do if they know they only have a few days left to live. That's like saying "Real priests don't molest kids." It happens.

Steve S.
Q. Why should you always invite TWO Baptists to your fishing trip?

A. If you invite only one, he'll drink all your beer.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 05:03 PM   #3162
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

Piloting a jetliner

Originally Posted by azazal View Post
I will admit I AM NOT A PILOT, however, my father used to own and fly an old Piper Tri-Pacer.
An uncle of mine has had his pilot's license for years. He described the "flying" part of flying as "hours of boredom punctuated by moments of sheer terror."

Professional airline pilots mostly make their money at take-off and landing. While in the air ... well, another quote: "A modern jetliner can be flown by a pilot and a dog. The pilot's job is to feed the dog. The dog's job is to bite the pilot if he touches the controls." (I heard that one on PBS's NOVA.)
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 05:29 PM   #3163
MarkyX
Master Poster

Looser alert in another board.

http://shetlink.com/modules.php?name...&p=14961#14961
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 06:02 PM   #3164
Axiom_Blade

I particularly enjoyed this post, MarkyX.

Originally Posted by Awake the Sheep
I wouldn't hang with these MORONS ever. They are the MODERN DAY UNCLE TOM's or shall I call you the UNCLE SAM BOOTLICKERS. Yes boss, of course boss we know those evil Arabs did it. No I believe you...cause you told me boss.
Originally Posted by Awake the Sheep
I wouldn't hang with these MORONS ever.
Ah, if only that were the truth!
Axiom_Blade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 06:13 PM   #3165
MarkyX
Master Poster

OneSidedCookie is pwning them.

CTs can never debate on the topic. They just rant on and on.
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 07:17 PM   #3166
Axiom_Blade

I love this.

Originally Posted by OPERATION NORTHWOODS
LOLOLOL....wtc7???? dude are you serious????? dont go there....it was a controled demolision, according to its owner...
WOW. That's a mighty shallow gene pool!
Axiom_Blade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 09:18 PM   #3167
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by bob_kark View Post
I think it has more to do with a growing need for teen melodrama than anything else. If you'll notice, as the ration of teen dramas to teen shows in general increases, the need for melodrama follows.
I'll give ya' that one Bob, but unfortunately, that doesn't explain the elder kooks.

Teens? Sure. We all know the need for rebellion is present to some extent in every teenager. Normally they take it out on mom or dad. Maybe the local cops if they're feeling particularly ornery. But what could be more rebellious, more "rage against the machine", than to confront ones own government?
realitybites is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th June 2006, 11:14 PM   #3168
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
Does anyone else see a parallel here with the anti-abortion movement? At the start, it was led by arguably reasonable people. But then they began to argue that a fetus is the same as a human, thus abortion = murder. They probably didn't believe this entirely, but it made for emphatic and dramatic rhetoric. Problem is, less tightly wrapped followers took such statements literally, and started bombing clinics and shooting doctors to stop the "murders."

I wonder if the 9/11 CT movement is heading in the same direction. First you have goofs like Dylan Avery just "asking questions." (That he doesn't take his work very seriously is evidenced by his statement that he doesn't even think Bush should go to jail, despite creating a film that claims he's a mass murderer.) Now LC is attracting a few lost souls, looking for relevance and meaning in their lives. I fear that even as we speak, one or more of them is hatching some wild plan in their fevered mind, one that calls for actual violence against those identified as supporting the 9/11 conspiracy, in the spirit of bringing the person "to justice."
[Emphasis added]

Important points, Stellafane.

I agree that this is a fear that drives many of us to speak up about the madness of the 'movement'. At first I was driven by wanting to defend the already-vulnerable victims' families and friends against the (not always obviously) baseless allegations of the conspiracy theorists, but I have subsequently become worried, after seeing the 'truthers'' vehemence and dogmatism, that someone is going to get hurt.

As yet, though, no one person has been named as the mastermind of the 'cover-up', which is some consolation.

Actually, I'm sure this conspiracy theory has probably hurt people already, in the sense that some people may be too paranoid to leave the house and go to work; families and friends are worried about about people; friendships have been lost.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 12:21 AM   #3169
EchoWars
Student

There is sooooo much information here that it is difficult to comprehend....

I found JREF after few friends sent me a link to the LC video, saying "How could our govt. DO that to us???" My immediate reply, after wasting those hours of my life (that, not incidentally, I want back) watching that drivel, was "They didn't".

With the help of Google, I found a few facts for myself, and with the heated battle between the CT's and JREF, seems I couldn't miss a few hits to JREF. I then found the *.doc of Gravy's debunk, and sent it to my gullible friends. All three of them responded to me with some version of "I can't believe I fell for that BS".

There are some amazingly intellegent people here...far beyond my puny grey matter to match wits with. However, JREF has found a ardent fan and supporter in myself, and if I can possibly contribute something despite my ignorance on many subjects, I'd love to try.

Gravy, you rock dude. So does JREF. Why did it take so long to find this website?

Color me pleased.

EW
EchoWars is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 01:22 AM   #3170
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

Originally Posted by EchoWars View Post

I found JREF after few friends sent me a link to the LC video, saying "How could our govt. DO that to us???" My immediate reply, after wasting those hours of my life (that, not incidentally, I want back) watching that drivel, was "They didn't".

With the help of Google, I found a few facts for myself, and with the heated battle between the CT's and JREF, seems I couldn't miss a few hits to JREF. I then found the *.doc of Gravy's debunk, and sent it to my gullible friends. All three of them responded to me with some version of "I can't believe I fell for that BS".

There are some amazingly intellegent people here...far beyond my puny grey matter to match wits with. However, JREF has found a ardent fan and supporter in myself, and if I can possibly contribute something despite my ignorance on many subjects, I'd love to try.

Gravy, you rock dude. So does JREF. Why did it take so long to find this website?

Color me pleased.

EW
Welcome to the forum.

Many of the members here tower over me in intellect. You don't need to be a genius to debate and contribute.

1.) Educate yourself as much as you can (learn both sides of the argument)

2.) Pick your battles. If you are fuzzy in an area try not to step into the fray even if your opponent is a few bricks short of a load.

3.) If you don't already understand proper debating techniques and how to make and spot arguments and how to avoid fallacy then check out Logic & Fallacies. Pay special attention to the argument clinic (Monty Python Sketch). Here is the video version.

If you know all of this then ignore it.

RandFan
Old 18th June 2006, 03:05 AM   #3171
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

However, JREF has found a ardent fan and supporter in myself, and if I can possibly contribute something despite my ignorance on many subjects, I'd love to try.

Color me pleased.

EW
Welcome, and thanks! You may be interested in my latest production, which I'm just announcing now. It's a sad and scary look at what the creators of "Loose Change" actually say during public interviews. Unfortunately, it looks like Dylan Avery & co. actually believe the insane things they say.

Go here to download the 3.2 Mb PDF.
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=123105

If anyone wants to host this, feel free. These guys want exposure, and I plan on giving it to them.
Old 18th June 2006, 04:10 AM   #3172
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

Does anyone have a link to a downloadable version of "Loose Change"? I'm doing an internet piece on copyright/press ethics and I want use that bloody thing as a warning example. But that means I actually have to see it a couple of times in order to get every infraction and being able to do a "before /after" on the quotes.
YouTube is a progressive download thingy, but I can't seem to locate the temp file it creates and I need something for posterity.......
Help?
"We? That better be you and that invisible aardwarck in your pocket you are talking about, because I KNOW you are not stupid enough to open a giant can of whoop ass by claiming you know what I think."
Stop Sylvia Browne
The_Fire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 04:22 AM   #3173
60hzxtl
Muse

Originally Posted by The_Fire View Post
But that means I actually have to see it a couple of times in order to get every infraction and being able to do a "before /after" on the quotes.
Help?
Oddly enough, even their website link no longer works (Thank you Naudet Bros.!) http://www.loosechange911.com/

You have my sympathy having to see it - and see it again.

There are plenty of copies to be had out there, (The Film So Good We Have To Give It Away!) you just have to hold your nose about the way you acquire it.

The good news is, that we are a crafty bunch around here. I'm certain the solution is around the corner - and I am NOT psychic.
60hzxtl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 04:31 AM   #3174
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

Originally Posted by 60hzxtl View Post
Oddly enough, even their website link no longer works (Thank you Naudet Bros.!) http://www.loosechange911.com/
*Gloating laugh*. I'm liking the Naudets more and more by the second.

Quote:
You have my sympathy having to see it - and see it again.
I know. My braincells are already screaming in panic....I wonder if a tinfoil hat can do the trick....

Quote:

There are plenty of copies to be had out there, (The Film So Good We Have To Give It Away!) you just have to hold your nose about the way you acquire it.
Let me guess: Just go by the smell of bovine excrements?

Quote:

The good news is, that we are a crafty bunch around here. I'm certain the solution is around the corner - and I am NOT psychic.
That's what I'm hoping.....
"We? That better be you and that invisible aardwarck in your pocket you are talking about, because I KNOW you are not stupid enough to open a giant can of whoop ass by claiming you know what I think."
Stop Sylvia Browne
The_Fire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 04:43 AM   #3175
60hzxtl
Muse

I know. My braincells are already screaming in panic....I wonder if a tinfoil hat can do the trick....

Now there is something I can help with. . .

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/
60hzxtl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 04:59 AM   #3176
MarkyX
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Welcome, and thanks! You may be interested in my latest production, which I'm just announcing now. It's a sad and scary look at what the creators of "Loose Change" actually say during public interviews. Unfortunately, it looks like Dylan Avery & co. actually believe the insane things they say.

If anyone wants to host this, feel free. These guys want exposure, and I plan on giving it to them.
I uploaded on Megaupload and Rapidshare. It's on the Screw Loose Change video site.
Old 18th June 2006, 06:02 AM   #3177
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Color me pleased.

EW
Welcome, EchoWars!

Just when I started thinking "why do I even bother?" along you come to remind me. Color me pleased, too!
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 06:17 AM   #3178
60hzxtl
Muse

Welcome, EchoWars;

Why do I bother? Because I don't want to see a genuine, captured bad guy get away, because this tripe is used at his trial in his defense, and some weak minded jurror thinks a missle that nobody saw was used against the Pentagon, or that CT was used to finish the destruction of the WTC.

Five people who I crossed paths with in my life died in that hole.

You never catch a boogie man, you just keep chasing. Once in a while you capture a bad guy, and bring him to justice.
Old 18th June 2006, 09:04 AM   #3179
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Does anyone have a link to a downloadable version of "Loose Change"? I'm doing an internet piece on copyright/press ethics and I want use that bloody thing as a warning example. But that means I actually have to see it a couple of times in order to get every infraction and being able to do a "before /after" on the quotes.
YouTube is a progressive download thingy, but I can't seem to locate the temp file it creates and I need something for posterity.......
Help?
You can download the Google Video here (you need to use the Google video player to play it).
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 09:19 AM   #3180
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post

Man, that opening bit with Dylan joking around with Jack Blood just reminds me of why I got so angry at Loose Change in the first place. I happened to see Version 1 and got po'ed at his mocking the victims when discussing the cellphone calls (which was toned down a bit in LCV2).
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 10:54 AM   #3181
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
You can download the Google Video here (you need to use the Google video player to play it).
Me thinks me found a work-around. The original download file is merely a redirect thingy for the player. But if one were to, say, open that file in notepad instead and start looking for an url.......No that one would exploit such a security breach in google videos setup of cause........
Stop Sylvia Browne
Old 18th June 2006, 12:29 PM   #3182
FFed
Muse

Me thinks me found a work-around. The original download file is merely a redirect thingy for the player. But if one were to, say, open that file in notepad instead and start looking for an url.......No that one would exploit such a security breach in google videos setup of cause........
Just use this site, and you can download the file as an avi. Just paste in the link.

http://keepvid.com/
FFed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 12:36 PM   #3183
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

Thanks, fed. That will probably come in hande in the future. For now, I've got 389 megs of dreck on my harddrive.....Eughh.....I'll probably have to format the thing and reinstall everything just to get rid of the violation my CPU is feeling right now......
Stop Sylvia Browne
Old 18th June 2006, 12:39 PM   #3184
60hzxtl
Muse

Thanks, fed. That will probably come in hande in the future. For now, I've got 389 megs of dreck on my harddrive.....Eughh.....I'll probably have to format the thing and reinstall everything just to get rid of the violation my CPU is feeling right now......
Now, now, don't blame the one and zero's - they can be rearranged later.

Not like its a bad tattoo or something.
Old 18th June 2006, 12:57 PM   #3185
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

BTW: have This been posted yet?.
Stop Sylvia Browne
Old 18th June 2006, 01:10 PM   #3186
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

I'm not sure but the film is back up on the web.

http://www.loosechange911.com/

It looks to me as if nothing has changed.

???
Old 18th June 2006, 01:17 PM   #3187
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by RandFan View Post
I'm not sure but the film is back up on the web.

http://www.loosechange911.com/

It looks to me as if nothing has changed.

???
no, you can no longer download LC2E from the site, it just points you to google video. I'm not sure why google allows a film which is the subject of copyright action to be hosted there though.
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 01:25 PM   #3188
60hzxtl
Muse

Atta boy Gravy!

". . . he counted 81 "errors of fact and instances of conjecture not supported by evidence, logical fallacies, uses of images that do not support the conclusions being drawn, and other flubs".

Lets hope that soon you can't say "Loose Change" without saying "81 errors of fact!"
Old 18th June 2006, 01:25 PM   #3189
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

According to the article I posted, the google version wont be up much longer.....
Stop Sylvia Browne
Old 18th June 2006, 01:30 PM   #3190
Johnny Pixels
Graduate Poster

What about all the copies floating around on DVD etc? I volunteer to collect them all and destroy them in a controlled demolition.
Johnny Pixels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 01:37 PM   #3191
brodski
Tea-Time toad

According to the article I posted, the google version wont be up much longer.....
It would be great if true, but I'm skeptical. How long would it take for someone else to upload it.
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 01:39 PM   #3192
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

Dear, *********** deities! That thing is still for sale! They just moved it off-site to a third party!

The idiots runnning the third-party
The sales site

ETA: How do I get in touch with the Naudets and their laywers?!
Stop Sylvia Browne
Old 18th June 2006, 03:02 PM   #3193
delphi_ote
Philosopher

Dear, *********** deities! That thing is still for sale! They just moved it off-site to a third party!

The idiots runnning the third-party
The sales site

ETA: How do I get in touch with the Naudets and their laywers?!
That is a bombshell if the lawyers don't already know about it. I'm trying to dig up their contact information right now. What a bunch of morons!
delphi_ote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 03:06 PM   #3194
Shrinker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by delphi_ote View Post
That is a bombshell if the lawyers don't already know about it. I'm trying to dig up their contact information right now. What a bunch of morons!
To be fair, we don't know exactly what settlement they made with the lawyers. They may now be paying royalties based on sales.
Shrinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 03:30 PM   #3195
delphi_ote
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Shrinker View Post
To be fair, we don't know exactly what settlement they made with the lawyers. They may now be paying royalties based on sales.
Well, no. We don't know anything about the settlement. Do we even know if there WAS a settlement?
delphi_ote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 05:03 PM   #3196
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Just when I think the CTers' callousness has reached an all time high, they go and out-do themselves.

realitybites is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 05:10 PM   #3197
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Originally Posted by realitybites View Post
Just when I think the CTers' callousness has reached an all time high, they go and out-do themselves.

http://www.neoramen.com/gallery/legowtc.jpg
Holy [rule 8] [rule 8] on a [rule 8]!

BTW welcome Echowars.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 05:14 PM   #3198
Johnny Pixels
Graduate Poster

They have no morals. They're on a quest for "the truth".

Why do they find it so outrageous that someone could hijack a plane with a boxcutter? There's a reason my dad would never let me touch his Stanley knife; because they're ***** sharp. Even a slash to the hand or arm would be incredibly painful, not to mention the face. You don't have to stab someone to death with a knife to stop them from attacking you.
Johnny Pixels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 05:35 PM   #3199
MarkyX
Master Poster

Originally Posted by CptColumbo View Post
Holy [rule 8] [rule 8] on a [rule 8]!

BTW welcome Echowars.
I love how they mention in the first image about america having some amazing defense.

Newsflash idiots: The pilots didn't even have a god damn gun!
Old 18th June 2006, 05:37 PM   #3200
MarkyX
Master Poster

I also might know the artist of that comic. Lemme use my webcomic powers to find out (FREE PLUG: http://www.chroniclesofgaras.com)

EDIT: Doh, the link is already in the image properties, but it is someone who I knew in the past.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: This ****ers do not know about geeks. They would never buy into this madness they call the truth. I'm involved in numerous gamer/anime communities and the only chance they have is freaking Gaia Online (which is the closet you get to teenage closet yaoi freaks) or Furries.

ANOTHER EDIT: Oh **** that idiot artist is actually PART of the 9/11 truth. The idiot must be really seeking attention because his webcomic sucks.

Last edited by MarkyX; 18th June 2006 at 05:47 PM.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories