JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Computers and the Internet
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 30th November 2006, 08:33 AM   #1
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

How to make a text circle in Word? or Photoshop?

I have a project where I need to create text evenly spaced around a circle. I've looked in Word Help, and on the internet for suggestions but can't seem to find anything. I recall having done it before, either in Word or Adobe Photoshop, but haven't been able to find the proper commands.

As a last resort I can take each individual text piece and rotate it, but I think there is something that does what I want automatically.

Any suggestions?
Old 30th November 2006, 08:35 AM   #2
tkingdoll
AKA TEEK

Do it in WordArt.

www.stormmovie.net

Official website of Tim Minchin's Storm Movie
tkingdoll is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2006, 09:44 AM   #3
Orangutan
Graduate Poster
Tagger

Even if your punctuation and spelling stink! lol

BTW It's Insert->Picture->Wordart. and play around from there.

Last edited by Orangutan; 30th November 2006 at 09:46 AM. Reason: to add some instructions!
Orangutan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2006, 10:09 AM   #4
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Hmmm. I'd tried WordArt but only saw a half-circle selection. I'll have to look again. Thanks.
Old 30th November 2006, 10:21 AM   #5
Orangutan
Graduate Poster
Tagger

After you have made the half circle, In the WordArd panel Change the word art shape

Orangutan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2006, 12:50 PM   #6
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Duuurrrrrrrrrr...

Thank you. I knew it was there somewhere. Clicked on just about every other link...
Old 30th November 2006, 08:10 PM   #7
Chupacabras
Illuminator

FWIW, in PS you finish editing your text and then select the warped text tool (next to the Palettes button, above). It opens an interactive window.

It used to be quite easy in CorelDRAW! too, but then, back in version 5, someone decided they had to change the interface, and messed the whole thing.
Old 1st December 2006, 05:27 AM   #8
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Nap, interrupted.

Originally Posted by Chupa
It used to be quite easy in CorelDRAW! too, but then, back in version 5, someone decided they had to change the interface, and messed the whole thing.
As Adobe did with Illustrator, too.

Manager: What shall we do in the next version?

Engineer: We've done everything anyone could possibly ever want.

Manager: Okay then, time for a new user interface.

~~ Paul

RIP Mr. Skinny
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » Computers and the Internet