JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags bigfoot

Closed Thread
Old 31st May 2009, 03:01 PM   #81
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Here is the 56% ratio, and the template for it.

Old 31st May 2009, 03:02 PM   #82
WGBH
Graduate Poster

Wow, good job William and great info on the swamp KK. Thanks so much.
WGBH is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st May 2009, 03:08 PM   #83
Blackdog
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by WGBH View Post
The researcher that contacted me was a Female and she was from Tennessee.
I think I know who your interviewer was and if it is who I think it is you're fortunate you didn't bond with her, you could have gone down a totally different path.
Blackdog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st May 2009, 03:14 PM   #84
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

More Great Dismal Swamp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaKwQ...eature=related

If he only knew...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mRnXExnS7A

(Pardon my levity.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoc16EqO_Pw&feature=fvsr

Dismal Swamp bear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG0jo...eature=related

Bigfoot in Virginia swamp (humour):

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the JREF. The JREF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Excerpt from "Creepy" Great Dismal Swamp Bigfoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj5R6MHCBB0

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st May 2009, 03:18 PM   #85
WGBH
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
I think I know who your interviewer was and if it is who I think it is you're fortunate you didn't bond with her, you could have gone down a totally different path.
Yes you do know who she is and you are right on the nose.
WGBH is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st May 2009, 03:29 PM   #86
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

The cartoon Sasquatch is very close to a 66% ratio. If the shoulders were 6' on your BF, then this is your creature (proportionally).

Old 31st May 2009, 03:34 PM   #87
cos
Student

Dimensions

Here's a rough and ready diagram showing that Sasquatch's physique meets the given parameters very well.

I'm having a hard time picturing a creature that looks significantly different from that, yet still matches all of the stated characteristics (9' by 6', bipedal, ape-like, huge chest, narrow waist, etc.)
cos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st May 2009, 03:47 PM   #88
kitakaze

Originally Posted by cos View Post
Here's a rough and ready diagram showing that Sasquatch's physique meets the given parameters very well.

http://forums.randi.org/imagehosting...3021ae5fa0.jpg

I'm having a hard time picturing a creature that looks significantly different from that, yet still matches all of the stated characteristics (9' by 6', bipedal, ape-like, huge chest, narrow waist, etc.)
There you go. Great diagram, cos. That's exactly what I was talking about. I too can't really imagine anything very different from what John has described. As soon as I read the description I immediately thought of Marvel's Sasquatch.

kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st May 2009, 03:47 PM   #89
xblade
Muse

Quote:
Then I heard it before I saw it, snapping twigs as it walked, at first I thought it was my friend and his dad, come to rescue me from this ordeal. I only saw it from the waist up, from a distance of about 50 yards. And if It knew I was there, It didn't care. It stood in one spot for a good 5 minutes eating leaves, so I got a good look at it.
You got a good look at a creature you only saw from the waist up that was 50 yards away, in a forest, surrounded by trees and brush? You folks have a have a heck of a lot better eyesight(not to mention smell) than I do. 50 yards is half a football field.

And why have you been traumatized for 25 years, and driven to alcoholism over such an uneventful sighting? I mean, I could understand it if the creature attacked you and tried to rip you to shreds, but all that happened was you saw it eating leaves. I'd love to get that chance, especially if I was hunting. I'd put an end to this debate once and for all.

As an aside, when I was 12, a friend and me saw a flash of light in the woods near my house one evening that we couldn't explain. Scared us pretty good at the time, but we weren't scarred for life over it. Several years later, saw the light again, but this time, knowing a little more about the area, I realized it was coming from car lights on a road that was on the other side of the woods that I didn't know about when I was younger.

As for the Great Dismal Swamp area, there was a forest fire there a few years ago that they struggled to put out because it had gotten into the peat. Once that happens, those fires can burn for a long time. There were firefighters all throughout that area, and forestry planes were constantly flying over and dropping water. None of them saw a bigfoot.
xblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st May 2009, 03:48 PM   #90
WGBH
Graduate Poster

So, you guys think I saw a member of Alpha Flight that was vacationing in the Dismal Swamp?

Seriously, I am not following where this line of questioning is headed. I said 5 or 6 ft wide. So maybe it was 5 1/2? Guys the point I was trying to make is that this animal was MASSIVE.

If you are just using the comic character as a size reference then yes it was that big.
Old 31st May 2009, 03:51 PM   #91
kitakaze

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
The cartoon Sasquatch is very close to a 66% ratio. If the shoulders were 6' on your BF, then this is your creature (proportionally).

Sidenote:

Marvel's Sasquatch debuted in 1979 and that is the classic image of him.

Old 31st May 2009, 03:57 PM   #92
kitakaze

So, you guys think I saw a member of Alpha Flight that was vacationing in the Dismal Swamp?

Seriously, I am not following where this line of questioning is headed. I said 5 or 6 ft wide. So maybe it was 5 1/2? Guys the point I was trying to make is that this animal was MASSIVE.

If you are just using the comic character as a size reference then yes it was that big.
That's what I'm talking about.

John, for people who might not be inclined can you give a detailed description that elaborates on this:

- massive
- huge chest, shoulders, muscles
- narrow waist
- 9ft tall x 5 1/2 - 6 feet wide
- dark colour

Old 31st May 2009, 03:58 PM   #93
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

It must be extremely challenging for that creature to move through the forest. It cannot pass through tree branches like magic. The neck is inflexible so it must bend at the waist to avoid busting its head on any branch lower than 9'. I can't foresee any rapid movements (run) inside a forest as an option for this guy.
Old 31st May 2009, 04:13 PM   #94
WGBH
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by xblade View Post
You got a good look at a creature you only saw from the waist up that was 50 yards away, in a forest, surrounded by trees and brush? You folks have a have a heck of a lot better eyesight(not to mention smell) than I do. 50 yards is half a football field.

First of all, that statement is from the BFRO report. I mentioned earlier that the other article was more detailed. I said 50 yards initially but it may have been closer if you take into account I was 10 feet high up in a tree. This was covered in detail by the article. I saw the creature very well and also smelled the odor.

And why have you been traumatized for 25 years, and driven to alcoholism over such an uneventful sighting? I mean, I could understand it if the creature attacked you and tried to rip you to shreds, but all that happened was you saw it eating leaves. I'd love to get that chance, especially if I was hunting. I'd put an end to this debate once and for all.

I never said it was my Bigfoot sighting that drove me to alcoholism. I mentioned that I one time suffered from it.

I have no idea why I was so traumatized. Maybe because we all deal with situations differently? Maybe because I had never been in the woods before? Maybe because I was a boy and I had a 9 foot monster standing right there in front of me? Maybe because I am a big baby? Are you a psychologist? If so, I welcome your opinion. If not you can keep it.

As an aside, when I was 12, a friend and me saw a flash of light in the woods near my house one evening that we couldn't explain. Scared us pretty good at the time, but we weren't scarred for life over it. Several years later, saw the light again, but this time, knowing a little more about the area, I realized it was coming from car lights on a road that was on the other side of the woods that I didn't know about when I was younger.

I'm glad you were not scared for life. I do not get the relevance of this story to my sighting

As for the Great Dismal Swamp area, there was a forest fire there a few years ago that they struggled to put out because it had gotten into the peat. Once that happens, those fires can burn for a long time. There were firefighters all throughout that area, and forestry planes were constantly flying over and dropping water. None of them saw a bigfoot.
Yes there was a fire there. We choked on the smoke from the fire here all summer. Were you also aware that there were a few sightings recorded in Suffolk, VA that summer? I would know this because the reports came into our research group. Suffolk is North of the swamp on the VA side.
Old 31st May 2009, 04:23 PM   #95
WGBH
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
That's what I'm talking about.

John, for people who might not be inclined can you give a detailed description that elaborates on this:

- massive
- huge chest, shoulders, muscles
- narrow waist
- 9ft tall x 5 1/2 - 6 feet wide
- dark colour
The facial features? It had dark eyes (no whites) It had a conical shape to the head that sloped down to a huge brow ridge. It had a wide flat nose. I could not see any ears, perhaps the hair covered them. The skin color under the fur was also a black/dark brown color, just like the fur.

Remember I never saw anything below the waist level. Let me know if I can describe more.

Last edited by WGBH; 31st May 2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 31st May 2009, 04:30 PM   #96
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Quote:
When it was standing there I could see muscles moving and tendons

The artwork recreation shows a creature as shaggy as a yak. Which tendons were visible at a distance of around 50 yards?
Old 31st May 2009, 04:33 PM   #97
kitakaze

It must be extremely challenging for that creature to move through the forest. It cannot pass through tree branches like magic. The neck is inflexible so it must bend at the waist to avoid busting its head on any branch lower than 9'. I can't foresee any rapid movements (run) inside a forest as an option for this guy.
That's right. I'm going to proceed with the idea that John saw what he says he saw - a 9ft x 6ft sasquatch in the swamp. I need to begin trying to wrap my mind around how we miss these things.

John, I don't expect you to have these answer, BTW.

These things are bigger than grizzly bears and living in North Carolina in well travelled areas. Here is the Great Dismal swamp in the winter:

http://www.unur.com/sinan/album/Assa...2_130525aa.jpg

John saw this thing stripping leaves off a plant the way a gorilla would. If this thing is a herbivore, it has to be eating basically non-stop. If it's omnivorous, what does it eat? I suppose it could pick up one of those horses in that picture and just slam it on the ground and then eat it. It could pick up a bear and eat it as well, I guess. I can't really imagine this thing running around in the swamp after food. I suppose it could throw some boulders or a tree if it liked.

I feel like there are clunking sounds happening in my head and smoke coming out of my ears. I really am hitting a wall with a breeding population of up to 9x6 land mammals that live in areas well traversed by humans yet remain uncatalogued. One of the first videos I linked discussed how think and impenetrable much of the vegetation is around there. If you're 9x6, do you just plow it down like MOTSfoot and clear out all the woodland creatures ahead of you?

Last edited by kitakaze; 31st May 2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 31st May 2009, 04:36 PM   #98
kitakaze

The artwork recreation shows a creature as shaggy as a yak. Which tendons were visible at a distance of around 50 yards?
Busted link, WP.

Old 31st May 2009, 04:40 PM   #99
WGBH
Graduate Poster

The muscles on the neck, arms and back. Such as the deltoids, lats and triceps. The fur was mated and caked with mud in places. There were also some thinner fur patches where it was easier to view the skin, especially in places on the back. The fur on the depiction is cosmetically neater then the real animal. That artwork is to be used for a book by the artist, so keep that in mind.
Old 31st May 2009, 04:40 PM   #100
kitakaze

The facial features? It had dark eyes (no whites) It had a conical shape to the head that sloped down to a huge brow ridge. It had a wide flat nose. I could not see any ears, perhaps the hair covered them. The skin color under the fur was also a black/dark brown color, just like the fur.

Remember I never saw anything below the waist level. Let me know if I can describe more.
Thanks. I used to rock at photoshop and it's been a while since I've tried doing anything other than lolbigfoots on a computer. I'm farting around now with Paint taking Sasquatch and cutting him off at the waist and redoing him to your description. How about the shape of the mouth? How could you tell there were no whites to the eyes at 50 yards? I'm trying to visualize that and it's hard.

Old 31st May 2009, 04:42 PM   #101
kitakaze

The muscles on the neck, arms and back. Such as the deltoids, lats and triceps. The fur was mated and caked with mud in places. There were also some thinner fur patches where it was easier to view the skin, especially in places on the back. The fur on the depiction is cosmetically neater then the real animal. That artwork is to be used for a book by the artist, so keep that in mind.
I didn't realize you already had a pic of it. Can you link that? WP's was NG.

ETA: Duh. Nevermind me. I'm having a blonde moment. It's in your Blogsquatch report already linked on my bookmarks. That's the picture you put on Roger Patterson's grave when you went to Yakima. I think I may have asked you about that before (or wanted to).

Here it is:

http://blogsquatcher.blogspot.com/20...erry-bush.html

Last edited by kitakaze; 31st May 2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 31st May 2009, 04:47 PM   #102
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

My link works, KKZ. It takes you directly to the enlarged artwork.
Old 31st May 2009, 04:48 PM   #103
WGBH
Graduate Poster

That's right. I'm going to proceed with the idea that John saw what he says he saw - a 9ft x 6ft sasquatch in the swamp. I need to begin trying to wrap my mind around how we miss these things.

John, I don't expect you to have these answer, BTW.

These things are bigger than grizzly bears and living in North Carolina in well travelled areas. Here is the Great Dismal swamp in the winter:

http://www.unur.com/sinan/album/Assa...2_130525aa.jpg

John saw this thing stripping leaves off a plant the way a gorilla would. If this thing is a herbivore, it has to be eating basically non-stop. If it's omnivorous, what does it eat? I suppose it could pick up one of those horses in that picture and just slam it on the ground and then eat it. It could pick up a bear and eat it as well, I guess. I can't really imagine this thing running around in the swamp after food. I suppose it could throw some boulders or a tree if it liked.

I feel like there are clunking sounds happening in my head and smoke coming out of my ears. I really am hitting a wall with a breeding population of up to 9x6 land mammals that live in areas well traversed by humans yet remain uncatalogued. One of the first videos I linked discussed how think and impenetrable much of the vegetation is around there. If you're 9x6, do you just plow it down like MOTSfoot and clear out all the woodland creatures ahead of you?
Kit,

I totally agree with what you said. It is hard to wrap ones mind around this. I have no explanation for what I saw. But I did see it. Who says it lives in the swamp? Maybe it was just passing through? The area has tons of deer and other wildlife. I am not an outdoors man. I am just now learning about the woods. I do not know what the heck happened to me. But I hope to understand it someday.
Old 31st May 2009, 04:56 PM   #104
kitakaze

Kit,

I totally agree with what you said. It is hard to wrap ones mind around this. I have no explanation for what I saw. But I did see it. Who says it lives in the swamp? Maybe it was just passing through? The area has tons of deer and other wildlife. I am not an outdoors man. I am just now learning about the woods. I do not know what the heck happened to me. But I hope to understand it someday.
I bet you can guess Neil Burgstahler or Henry Franzoni would have a good explanation for you...

Think about it all the paranormal phenomena in the area, a lake made from a meteorite...

This would almost work easier for me.

Seriously, though, passing through is still hard for me because your 9x6 and you have to pass from somewhere.

Last edited by kitakaze; 31st May 2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 31st May 2009, 05:02 PM   #105
WGBH
Graduate Poster

Thanks. I used to rock at photoshop and it's been a while since I've tried doing anything other than lolbigfoots on a computer. I'm farting around now with Paint taking Sasquatch and cutting him off at the waist and redoing him to your description. How about the shape of the mouth? How could you tell there were no whites to the eyes at 50 yards? I'm trying to visualize that and it's hard.
Yes it was difficult to see the eyes. First of all when it would turn around to look in my direction, I would duck my head down in fear. The eyes were set back under the brow so they had a dark appearance. Maybe it did have eye whites? But I did not see any, they looked very dark. Most of my facial looks were done in profile view.

Oh Yeah, I forgot. When the animal was chewing, I could see the jaw muscles on the temple flexing.
Old 31st May 2009, 05:04 PM   #106
WGBH
Graduate Poster

I bet you can guess Neil Burgstahler or Henry Franzoni would have a good explanation for you...

Think about it all the paranormal phenomena in the area, a lake made from a meteorite...

This would almost work easier for me.

Seriously, though, passing through is still hard for me because your 9x6 and you have to pass from somewhere.
OMG! Don't mention Franzoni to me. One night after listening to him on a radio show, I had nightmares that Bigfoot anal probed me when I was under infrasound control.
Old 31st May 2009, 05:16 PM   #107
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Quote:
When I walked over to where it had been standing, I could tell by where it's head was on the tree, that it was 9' tall.

John, why does the artwork show it feeding on bushes instead of a tree?
Old 31st May 2009, 05:25 PM   #108
kitakaze

My link works, KKZ. It takes you directly to the enlarged artwork.
Sorry, my mistake. I was getting a "not found" message then it worked. That picture is neato but it doesn't look 6 ft wide.

Old 31st May 2009, 05:40 PM   #109
WGBH
Graduate Poster

John, why does the artwork show it feeding on bushes instead of a tree?
It was feeding on a berry bush or shrub. There were trees around it but it was not eating the trees. They were pine trees. The foliage in the area that it was standing in was very thick. When it stepped away, I could no longer see it.
Old 31st May 2009, 05:51 PM   #110
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Quote:
I asked JC if he ever found out what tree the creature was eating from, and he told me that it was a mulberry.

JC looked for footprints under the tree, but there weren’t any there.
In reality, you were looking under a bush?
Old 31st May 2009, 05:59 PM   #111
WGBH
Graduate Poster

In reality, you were looking under a bush?
There was a tree and bushes there. I was looking under both. Didn't see anything except leaves and pine needles.
Old 31st May 2009, 06:01 PM   #112
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

But you did tell Donlon that it was feeding from a tree and that you used that tree to guage its height, yes?
Old 31st May 2009, 06:10 PM   #113
WGBH
Graduate Poster

But you did tell Donlon that it was feeding from a tree and that you used that tree to guage its height, yes?
I used a tree to gauge its height and it was eating from a bush. There could have been a mix up or misunderstanding. Again, the trees were pine trees. It was not eating pine trees.
Old 31st May 2009, 06:15 PM   #114
kitakaze

John, you mentioned other reports from Great Dismal. Looking at the BFRO I get nothing else from that area or surrounding counties in NC or VA. Nothing in Perquimans, Camden, Gates, or anywhere. It's like your one report from 1982 is on an island surrounded by nothing. Do you have links to those other Dismal reports we can see?

BTW, for all the time I've spent performing music in the U.S., it think maybe it bothers me that I know far more about U.S. states, counties, and geography from Bigfoot skepticism than I do from music tours.

Old 31st May 2009, 06:15 PM   #115
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Quote:
I used a tree to gauge its height and it was eating from a bush. There could have been a mix up or misunderstanding. Again, the trees were pine trees. It was not eating pine trees.

In that respect, the report is misleading. The art shows one thing (more accurate) and the story tells something different.

So it was feeding on unknown berry bushes that were about waist-height and you could see those berries from about 50 yards away, yes?

Last edited by William Parcher; 31st May 2009 at 06:16 PM. Reason: added quote
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st May 2009, 06:18 PM   #116
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Do you have links to those other Dismal reports we can see?

Old 31st May 2009, 06:32 PM   #117
WGBH
Graduate Poster

In that respect, the report is misleading. The art shows one thing (more accurate) and the story tells something different.

So it was feeding on unknown berry bushes that were about waist-height and you could see those berries from about 50 yards away, yes?
The report and the article are not misleading. That is what happened to me.The reports are what I remember to the best of my ability. Yes I saw it trying to eat the berries, it did not like them! The berry bush was not waist high to the animal. That is the brush surrounding him not the Berry bush. Believe the story and not the artwork.

I am not responsible for creating the artwork.The artwork is a ARTISTS RENDITION of the animal I saw. It is not perfect. All I did was share it with all of you. It is a very nice picture that is a good representation of the animal I saw, but that is all. Do not read too much into the artwork, for goodness sakes.
Old 31st May 2009, 06:46 PM   #118
WGBH
Graduate Poster

Bigfoot reports from or around the Dismal swamp. I will search for more and put them up later. I am watching TV. LOL!

A few class B's from the BFRO

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=4788

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=22910

Another Story:

http://bigfootsasquatch.wordpress.co...orth-carolina/
Old 31st May 2009, 07:05 PM   #119
SweatyYeti
Illuminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitakaze
Thanks for the clarification.

I do not know what you saw but I think you can understand better than anyone that the idea of a species of mammal up to 9ft, 5ft wide living in the swamps of North Carolina is pretty extreme.

I know exactly what John saw....if he saw anything. It was Bigfoot, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

There are only 2 plausible explanations for his sighting report...

1) He saw Bigfoot.....or...

2) He's making the whole story up.

I think he's being honest, and saw a real, live Bigfoot.

The other options...misidentified Bear, and a guy in a suit, just aren't plausible because of the clarity and duration of the sighting....and the description of the creature.

Seeing as how the Jref crowd puts no weight on 'anecdotal' evidence...such as sighting reports....I'm wondering why skeptics here are even bothering to ask John questions about his sighting.

Regardless of what his answers are....the verdict, by Randi's Heroes, is pre-determined. His sighting testimony is an "extremely weak cup of coffee".

Is that not right??

Here is a beautiful example of the weight attributed to Bigfoot evidence, in Randi-Land......

I recently asked kitakaze...(a.k.a..."Thunder-Cheeks")....to provide an example of 'Bigfoot evidence' which carries some amount of weight....(weak, or moderately strong)....

Quote:
Give us all ONE example of Bigfoot evidence which carries either a low, fair, or moderate amount of weight, indicating Bigfoot may exist.

And this is the strongest-rated evidence he could come up with...

Quote:
Sure thing, Fibby... err... Sweaty.

The PGF has the extremely remote chance of actually showing a Bigfoot.

"Extremely remote"...

How then could John's report possibly be given any weight, above only a 'remote probability'?

This just in.....from Old Thunder-Butt......

Quote:
Incredibly poor or weak evidence to suggest Bigfoot may exist? Yes.

Reliable or high quality evidence of significant weight to suggest Bigfoot may exist? No. Zilch.

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."

Last edited by SweatyYeti; 31st May 2009 at 07:11 PM.
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st May 2009, 07:08 PM   #120
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

The report and the article are not misleading. That is what happened to me.The reports are what I remember to the best of my ability. Yes I saw it trying to eat the berries, it did not like them! The berry bush was not waist high to the animal. That is the brush surrounding him not the Berry bush. Believe the story and not the artwork.
I want to thank you for your patience here. You are answering all of the questions. John, I read the report several times and never once thought it was feeding from something other than an unknown berry tree. That is because the report says "I asked JC if he ever found out what tree the creature was eating from, and he told me that it was a mulberry." It should actually read "I asked JC if he ever found out what tree the creature was eating from, and he told me that it wasn't a tree and was instead a mulberry bush." Or, your correction would have caused him to revise and we would never see the phrase "...tree the creature was eating from,"

You said you didn't see any tracks under or around the bush. Did your friends look around on the ground there too?

Last edited by William Parcher; 31st May 2009 at 07:11 PM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal