JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags agnosticism

Old 28th January 2007, 06:28 AM   #1
Daryl17
Scholar

An Agnostic logo

Im looking for a logo to represent my Agnosticism to have as my MSN Display Pic, just wondering if someone could make/find one for me.
Thanks all.
Daryl17 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2007, 06:45 AM   #2
Myriad
Hyperthetical

?

Respectfully,
Myriad
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2007, 07:36 AM   #3
boojum
Thinker

Pharyngula had a couple of long threads about "freethought logos" a while back. You can see them here:

http://www.scienceblogs.com/pharyngu...ss_an_impo.php

and here:

http://www.scienceblogs.com/pharyngu..._symbology.php
boojum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2007, 07:40 AM   #4
DangerousBeliefs
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
?

Respectfully,
Myriad
Maybe with a nice fence beneath it.
Old 28th January 2007, 09:58 AM   #5
plindboe
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by DangerousBeliefs View Post
Maybe with a nice fence beneath it.
Like this? ->

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)
plindboe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2007, 10:03 AM   #6
DangerousBeliefs
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by plindboe View Post
Like this? ->

Yeah, I like the hands in the air better than the ?

Then the caption could be "Who knows?"
Old 9th February 2009, 07:57 PM   #7
dunder
New Blood

Check out my agnostic logo project at:
blog.dunder.pl/2009/02/09/agnostic-logo/
[ Creative commons licence & svg source file download ]

Sorry for not active link and no images in this post, but some forum protections won't allow me to do this... which I think is just stupid, wrong, make things harder and it's not a good welcome for new users :|
dunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2009, 08:00 PM   #8
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by dunder View Post
Check out my agnostic logo project at:
blog.dunder.pl/2009/02/09/agnostic-logo/
[ Creative commons licence & svg source file download ]

Sorry for not active link and no images in this post, but some forum protections won't allow me to do this... which I think is just stupid, wrong, make things harder and it's not a good welcome for new users :|
Sorry, but it's for prevention of spam and drive-by advertising (and, afaik, pretty standard for forums these days). Once you make some more posts, you will be able to post links. Welcome to the forum!
Jadey (in RvB game thread): I just want to take a moment to commend Arth on his role as Parasitic Alien Tumor. I think he really connected with the character and there were times when I forgot that he was just acting. That's the kind of talent that you can't teach.
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2009, 08:13 PM   #9
YULE
New Blood

So, you have some choices, now can you make a decision?
YULE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 06:46 AM   #10
Rodibidably
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by yule View Post
so, you have some choices, now can you make a decision?
hahahahahaha
Old 10th February 2009, 12:38 PM   #11
X
Slide Rulez 4 Life

Location: Launching the army, waiting for Hok to commit her forces (then the moles strike...)
Originally Posted by YULE View Post
So, you have some choices, now can you make a decision?

Nominated for pith.

[X's posts are] ...as good as having 24 hours of Justin Bieber piped into your ears! - kmortis
X is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 01:23 PM   #12
dunder
New Blood

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Sorry, but it's for prevention of spam and drive-by advertising (and, afaik, pretty standard for forums these days). Once you make some more posts, you will be able to post links. Welcome to the forum!
Okay... Anyway it's kinda weird that atheists have so much logo propositions, but when you look for some agnostics logotype there's nothing in the web.
So what do you think about my project?
dunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 05:24 PM   #13
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by dunder View Post
Okay... Anyway it's kinda weird that atheists have so much logo propositions, but when you look for some agnostics logotype there's nothing in the web.
So what do you think about my project?
I think it's a good project. I'm thinking of developing a logo to represent my hobby of not collecting stamps.
Jadey (in RvB game thread): I just want to take a moment to commend Arth on his role as Parasitic Alien Tumor. I think he really connected with the character and there were times when I forgot that he was just acting. That's the kind of talent that you can't teach.
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 05:54 PM   #14
JoeTheJuggler
Penultimate Amazing

It's not a logo, but I could suggest a theme song for the agnostic (or at least agnosticism wrt Christianity): the song Jesus Christ Superstar as sung by the ghost of Judas.

"Don't get me wrong. I only want to know!"
Old 10th February 2009, 06:18 PM   #15
Patsy
Prickly Desert Denizen

Location: Tucson, where we don't have weather, we have climate
Originally Posted by Daryl17 View Post
Im looking for a logo to represent my Agnosticism to have as my MSN Display Pic, just wondering if someone could make/find one for me.
Thanks all.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."
-- Charles Darwin; Introduction: The Descent of Man

Patsy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 07:51 PM   #16
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Location: Within smelling distance of the Grammar Death Camps
Originally Posted by Daryl17 View Post
Thanks all.
Perfect for an agnostic:

It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 08:33 PM   #17
JoeTheJuggler
Penultimate Amazing

My offering:

JREF Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy