JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 8th June 2007, 04:49 AM   #121
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Arus808 View Post
I could go on and on and on. BTW, I can recite The Princess Bride, Star Trek: the wrath of Khan and Disney's Mulan, word for word.
You are a goddess.

"When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force, my friends, is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived." - Starship Troopers
Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 04:53 AM   #122
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
You are a goddess.
Still no girlfriend then Belz?

Should be a few chicks down there in hell, why not organize a singles night or some speed dating?

Invert the prominent diaphragm!!!

I have eaten breakfast and have not written an Epistle to any Church. - dejudge.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 04:55 AM   #123
Belz...
Fiend God

I hate you, Brain.

"When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force, my friends, is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived." - Starship Troopers
Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 05:03 AM   #124
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

I hate you, Brain.
Well I only asked on the off chance that you might pass one my way...

I have eaten breakfast and have not written an Epistle to any Church. - dejudge.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 05:06 AM   #125
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Originally Posted by Brainache View Post
Well I only asked on the off chance that you might pass one my way...

You want them ladies, you gotta get one of these

You'll have to beat 'em off with a stick. Sarge wouldn't do you wrong, man, trust me on this
"Oh CRAP... DQ!!" - Ol' Hokey, yet again

Last edited by Unsecured Coins; 8th June 2007 at 05:06 AM. Reason: cause I still can't speeel
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 05:12 AM   #126
T.A.M.
Keeper of the Kool-Vax

Some of my favorite films from 1987-2007 (not in order):

1. Braveheart
2. Gladiator
3. Layer Cake
4. Last Temptation of Christ
5. The Passion
6. The Sixth Sense
7. Calendar Girls
8. 300
9. War of the Worlds
10. Heat (sorry, but Deniro and Pacino are good)
11. Lord of The Rings Trilogy

These are not my top, but some of my favs.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 05:16 AM   #127
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by Unsecured Coins View Post
You want them ladies, you gotta get one of these

http://www.coolclockstore.com/store/...0001%20CCS.jpg

You'll have to beat 'em off with a stick. Sarge wouldn't do you wrong, man, trust me on this
Umm maybe if I was a steely eyed marine, but as I'm a bookworm 43 year old Aussie who hates sport, I think I might try a different approach.

I prefer the- "Didn't I meet you on the set of(insert TV soap of your choice here)..." type strategy.

Probably explains why I'm talking pick-up lines with Beelzebub.

Old 8th June 2007, 05:39 AM   #128
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by negativ View Post
They all live hiply ever after.
Snort.

The entire post linked above: nominated.
Old 8th June 2007, 05:57 AM   #129
Scientologist
Thinker

Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
With all due respect you appear to have a very narrow range of appreciation. Would you also be an older gentleman/woman?

Would you struggle to list twenty films you consider "good" in the last twenty years? (And I don't mean "enjoyable"; bad films can still be enjoyable at least once. I mean actual good films).

-Gumboot

I'm 28.

I was just naming a few movies off the top of my head, I didn't know you were looking for a comprehensive list of every movie that I have ever enjoyed.

I was just listing a few favorites.

I would have no problem finding 20 good films in the last 20 years under your standards. The thing is, none of them would be Michael Bay or Kevin Smith movies.
Scientologist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 05:59 AM   #130
Scientologist
Thinker

Originally Posted by 8den View Post
One Good Actor? Are you really trying to tell me Jason Lee, Linda Fiorentino, and Alan freaking Rickman aren't good actors? Hell Selma Heyack, Ben Stiller, and Matt Damon got some acting chops. too. And the scene from Jay and Silent Bob with Damon n Stiller rehearsing for "Good Will Hunting 2" is rule8ing hilarious. "Hey Crowe how about you do some directing here?" "Later. I'm counting money." And thats just off the top of my head.

I won't argue a matter of taste with you, because it's subjective, my issues with loose changes are about the lies, distortions and untruths in it, I assume thats the same with everyone else here.

Fine you don't like Kevin Smith's body of work, but come on don't equate it to Loose Change. You think Kevin Smith makes bad films, some of us disagree. But the thing about Loose Change is that it's not just a bad film, it's a flat out wrong film.

I respect your opinion.

I think Kevin Smith is awful. Matt Damon is great when he's not acting in ****** movies.

I judge movies by their ability to affect me emotionally. That's how I judge all art, actually from films to wine.
Scientologist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 06:05 AM   #131
brodski
Tea-Time toad

So, is there any update on when Dylan will be fulfilling his newfound potential to "die happy" or will this just be another in a long line of broken promises and missed deadlines?
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 06:07 AM   #132
Schmitt.
Student

Oh God no, not Kevin Smith

They've started infecting celebrities I actually like, what a bloody travesty

*edit* oh haha this is what I get for not reading a thread

How glorious

Last edited by Schmitt.; 8th June 2007 at 06:12 AM.
Schmitt. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 06:23 AM   #133
Scientologist
Thinker

Originally Posted by 8den View Post
One Good Actor? Are you really trying to tell me Jason Lee, Linda Fiorentino, and Alan freaking Rickman aren't good actors? Hell Selma Heyack, Ben Stiller, and Matt Damon got some acting chops. too. And the scene from Jay and Silent Bob with Damon n Stiller rehearsing for "Good Will Hunting 2" is rule8ing hilarious. "Hey Crowe how about you do some directing here?" "Later. I'm counting money." And thats just off the top of my head.

Oh I forgot to say:

Salma Hayek is a good actress?

Old 8th June 2007, 06:27 AM   #134
uk_dave
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Scientologist View Post
Oh I forgot to say:

Salma Hayek is a good actress?

She has a couple of good... points.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 06:31 AM   #135
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Originally Posted by Brainache View Post
Umm maybe if I was a steely eyed marine, but as I'm a bookworm 43 year old Aussie who hates sport, I think I might try a different approach.

I prefer the- "Didn't I meet you on the set of(insert TV soap of your choice here)..." type strategy.

Probably explains why I'm talking pick-up lines with Beelzebub.
Ask any lady on here. They love a guy with a big clock.
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 06:34 AM   #136
8den
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by uk_dave View Post
She has a couple of good... points.
What he said.
8den is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 06:42 AM   #137
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

From Dusk Til Dawn still remains a cinematic masterpiece for this reason only

Salma Hayek. With a Snake.

God Bless America.
Old 8th June 2007, 06:47 AM   #138
T.A.M.
Keeper of the Kool-Vax

Actually I have to agree with those who are not big K. Smith Fans. Those films I have watched (Chasing Amy, Clerks, Dogma) I have not liked. I find them intellectual in their humor, but too much so alot of the time, and then other elements are just retarded. Dogma, in particular, drove me insane in a bad way.

Now in interviews, I have enjoyed listening to Smith, and feel he is a very intelligent, and likely to many, genius man.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 07:01 AM   #139
Mobyseven
President of Covert-Ops

I'd just like to say: People have different tastes, and I respect that.

But if anybody ever compares Kevin Smith to Dylan Avery again, I'll stinkpalm them.

"Damn, you're good." - Ichneumonwasp on Mobyseven
Mobyseven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 07:39 AM   #140
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dylan Avery
You don't call a movie you hate "fu[rule8] riveting"
Quote mine much?

Critic: "Loose Change" is a no-good pile of yesterday's cat food, and a terrific demonstration of the failing of our educational system. Want to cry, knash your teeth, and rend your garments at the sight of willful stupidity on proud display? Watch this video.

Dylan: You don't call a movie you hate "good" and "terrific," not to mention urge others to see it!
Old 8th June 2007, 07:41 AM   #141
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
Actually I have to agree with those who are not big K. Smith Fans. Those films I have watched (Chasing Amy, Clerks, Dogma) I have not liked. I find them intellectual in their humor, but too much so alot of the time, and then other elements are just retarded. Dogma, in particular, drove me insane in a bad way.

Now in interviews, I have enjoyed listening to Smith, and feel he is a very intelligent, and likely to many, genius man.

TAM

One thing that really bugged me about Dogma was having an Angel of Death called "Loki" and a demon called "Azrael". I mean, why swap names around and mess them up? The actual mythological names are perfectly adequate.

Stuff like that just says to me "We couldn't be bothered doing any research". It's lazy filmmaking. What makes it worse is I suspect Kevin Smith is the sort of guy who would sit around with his friends complaining about how the latest comic book adaptation into film changed x y and z.

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 07:55 AM   #142
Mobyseven
President of Covert-Ops

Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
One thing that really bugged me about Dogma was having an Angel of Death called "Loki" and a demon called "Azrael". I mean, why swap names around and mess them up? The actual mythological names are perfectly adequate.

Stuff like that just says to me "We couldn't be bothered doing any research". It's lazy filmmaking. What makes it worse is I suspect Kevin Smith is the sort of guy who would sit around with his friends complaining about how the latest comic book adaptation into film changed x y and z.

-Gumboot
Actually, I think that was Smith's way of poking fun at the Catholic church...well one way, anyway.

I could be wrong, but I always interpreted that as just being another snipe at Catholicism.

Mobyseven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 10:54 AM   #143
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Mobyseven View Post
Actually, I think that was Smith's way of poking fun at the Catholic church...well one way, anyway.

I could be wrong, but I always interpreted that as just being another snipe at Catholicism.
Except Azrael is from Islamic mythology and Loki from Norse myth. Neither name is associated with Catholicism, as far as I know.
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 01:15 PM   #144
bje
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by qarnos View Post
NWO rule #384:

When BJE makes a post to 911booger, someone must take it seriously. This serves to highlight the inanity of 9/11 conspiracy theories.
And so someone does:

Quote:
Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Climate warfare?

Okay now this might sound crazy, but since when has that stopped me? :-)

I have been thinking for some time about the possibility that Hurricane Katrina might have been deliberately engineered by some technology for manipulating the climate. I got the idea from an old Mel Gibson movie, Conspiracy Theory (only, in that movie it isn't a hurricane but an earthquake). The notion is a bit wacky, but I didn't really take the possibility seriously until now. Just now I read this article on 911Booger (not 911Blogger) that raises the possibility that Cyclone Gonu has been engineered deliberately to threaten Iran (possibly accomplished with the use of chemtrails).
Old 8th June 2007, 01:35 PM   #145
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Originally Posted by bje View Post
And so someone does:
I found the tessellated background picture of this guy's blog fairly amusing. Jesus rides into Jerusalem on a humble donkey velociraptor.
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 01:45 PM   #146
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

Originally Posted by Undesired Walrus View Post
"And now I can die happy"- Dylan Avery
Just so long as he dies soon, I'll be happy. Most likely, he'll live to be 80. Such is the irony of life.

DR
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 01:47 PM   #147
Hokulele
Official Nemesis

Location: Trying to decide whether to set defenses against an army, or against mole rats.
Originally Posted by Darth Rotor View Post
Just so long as he dies soon, I'll be happy. Most likely, he'll live to be 80. Such is the irony of life.

DR

I'd rather he lives to 80 with people pointing and laughing at him. It looks very likely.

- Tragic Monkey
Hokulele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 05:55 PM   #148
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader

Well, two of them over on LCF at least go it right. Maybe Dylan's bong emptied out long enough that he finally figured it out because the excitement and thrills have completely died out.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...ic=10382&st=50

The voices in the wilderness:

PersonalRevolution:
Quote:
A plug is usually a positive thing, though. It doesn't help having the movie mentioned if KS is taking the piss and being sarcastic.

Dylan, please DON'T play this on any radio show, it will damage the movement! KS is taking the piss and being sarcastic, and if you play it as though it supports us, it's just going to bite us in the arse!
Justicia:
Quote:
He didn't come across as sympathetic to the cause, though. It sounded more like he was making fun of us truthers, and making fun of you. Espeically the part where the other guy goes on about your "whining" voice and stuff - that was just mean and uncalled for. I don't think he's at all on side, and I don't think we should be promoting him when it's obvious he is an anti-truther and when he's dissing loose change.
Both of them are avid truthers, but they could at least see past the celebrity goggles to what Kevin was saying about their precious Dyllie Wyllie! So we'll stop promoting him! That'll show him! Yeah all both of your members will boycott his next film! You guys don't buy films anyway, you rip them from friends.

Don't you wish someone had slapped baby Hitler really really hard? [i] Dr. Buzzo 02/13 [i]
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 07:43 PM   #149
Mobyseven
President of Covert-Ops

Originally Posted by Slayhamlet View Post
Except Azrael is from Islamic mythology and Loki from Norse myth. Neither name is associated with Catholicism, as far as I know.
I know that. Hence, poking fun at the Catholic Church. Especially since Loki is a malevolent trickster god in Norse mythology.

Old 8th June 2007, 11:27 PM   #150
Arus808
Philosopher

You are a goddess.
haha. im just nuts. blame the parents; made me a star trek fan..i also blame my brother-in-law.. everytime he would come visit my sister (when they were dating) the first thing that would be put into the LaserDisc player is Wrath of khan

he bought the soundtrack to the movie. And with the background music running he could recited the script as it played; like how it happened in the movie.

oh, i forgot to add
I also can recite everything from Big Trouble In Little China, word for word

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 11:34 PM   #151
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

SHUT UP, MR BUR-TON.... you were not put upon this earth to "get it"
Old 9th June 2007, 01:50 AM   #152
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

oh, i forgot to add
To heck with Belz... you need to marry me.

This reminds me that I need to get that particular DVD back from a certain friend.
Old 9th June 2007, 07:13 AM   #153
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Keep reading Dylans response. The boy really has them blinders on.

Quote:
I'll be playing it uncensored tonight on Revere Radio as well.

Look...if he hated the film, or was an anti-9/11 Truth, he would have stopped after saying, "I described it as the Loose Change of UFOs..." Instead, he goes off to describe the film and a claim it made in the first edition.

Just because he wasn't shouting "9/11 Was an Inside Job" doesn't mean he isn't sympathetic to the cause

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...ic=10382&st=50
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2007, 02:48 PM   #154
Belz...
Fiend God

oh, i forgot to add
DAMMIT!

You wouldn't happen to be available, would you ?

Old 9th June 2007, 03:10 PM   #155
Civilized Worm
The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla

I am dreading the release of the new Transformers movie.
Civilized Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2007, 03:28 PM   #156
Redtail
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Civilized Worm View Post

Fear the Bumblebee!
Old 9th June 2007, 03:37 PM   #157
uk_dave
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
Not exactly 'form follows function'
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2007, 06:19 PM   #158
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
Ugh. Was that necessary, Red ?

Old 9th June 2007, 06:29 PM   #159
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by Civilized Worm View Post

Why?

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2007, 06:53 PM   #160
Hourglassmemory
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Give him some credit. He set out to make a fictional film and succeeded completely.
At LEAST that, yes.
Hourglassmemory is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories